Author Topic: Speed up region recovery rate  (Read 15522 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Speed up region recovery rate
« Reply #15: September 14, 2012, 11:45:46 PM »
There have been PLENTY of wars since that mechanic was removed.

I didn't say that there hadn't.

Indeed, many places saw a rise.

I think all that can be said for certain is that some realms, relieved of the burden of the badly-designed TMP penalties, were suddenly able to start wars they had been wanting to start. That is, I would call it a surge of wars (short-term), not a rise in the number (long-term).

If some !@#$%^& concentrated in one of the many continents don't care for fun, it shouldn't be a reason to go screw everyone else who plays the game. TMP caused a lot more harm than it did good, I'm quite glad it's gone.

I agree with this, as I think I've made clear before. I just think we need something to replace it as an incentive to war—nothing so heavy-handed, of course, and maybe some adjustments to region recovery should be part of it. But the problem of risk-averse rulers preventing wars because they're afraid of losing what they have is a real one.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan