Author Topic: FTL  (Read 15586 times)

Andre

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: FTL
« Reply #30: May 06, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
Hey, FTL is awesome. A bit late, but i would just like to give some tips for the boss and other general things.
Max Shields, shields are just youre best friend against the drone part of the boss, and generaly any beam or laser ships.
Get engines decently high, not as important to max. That dodge is very good.
With the addition of mindcontrol lvl 2 cockpit is a must have, if they mindcontrol the pilot you will lose all evasion.
Missiles are not the best weapon, laser oriented or beam + ion is the best setup, exception is if you have like 40-50 rockets or more and its late game and you find a good rocket launcher.
Cloaking is a very good thing, try to get it if you have trouble, the augment that lets you charge weapons while cloaked with cloaking makes cloaking even better.
Upgrading Medbay and Oxygen to lvl 2 can save you. Try to get these upgraded, and theres some nice new options you have in some situations with lvl 3 of these  8).
As some others have mentioned, drones are great aswell, especialy defense drones.
I would also advice to stay away from boarding if you dont have 2 or so mantis, or 1 with lvl 3 fighting, and some rockmen or good fighting skill humans to back them up. And upgraded teleporter, teleporting can be dangerous.
1 last thing: Search for Arumba on youtube, he is great at FTL, except for the mistake you will see if you watch one of his modded FTL videos, selling rocket launcher with 90 rockets, pffffff.

I could proly say something more, although i cant think of anything right now :P
Hope i dont bother too much here with a kinda late post, even though the last one was 4 days ago, not so long.