Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

REJECTED: Changing character limits

Started by DamnTaffer, September 23, 2012, 11:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamnTaffer

Title: Changing character limits

Summary: Changing the allocation of Nobles and Adventurers to increase the availablilty of nobles and adventurers which the game is most certainly hurting for.

Details: Increase the character limit from the two nobles + one adventurer to a maximum limit of: One character per continent + two nobles on two continents and one adventurer. Starting from a minimal limit such as we have now then increasing via steps up to the oldest players having the upper limit. This would serve to alleviate the lack of nobles and adventurers and allow players to explore a larger portion of the game.

Benefits:

-More nobles
-More adventurers
-More scope for roleplays
-More scope for ingame actions
-More insentive to retain accounts for players whom are temporarily leaving

Possible Exploits:

-Players may not have enough time to maintain all their characters as actively as the ones they currently hold - Players will have to use there own judgement to how many characters they can maintain

Lanyon

Maybe not one noble per continent, but I would prefer maybe removing the nobles category and letting people make 1 advy per continent and the available slots be used for nobles only.

Foundation

I almost resisted the urge to "lolno".  :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

But you didn't do it, so you must have resisted the urge after all, eh?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

You Aurvandil guys don't do much for your own reputation....
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Foundation on September 24, 2012, 03:17:26 AM
I almost resisted the urge to "lolno".  :)

I'm almost glad, but really, we need more nobles and we are not getting more players. I've seen far too many discussions end with "Need more nobles" than is healthy

Quote from: Lanyon on September 24, 2012, 02:36:27 AM
Maybe not one noble per continent, but I would prefer maybe removing the nobles category and letting people make 1 advy per continent and the available slots be used for nobles only.

I think having too many adventurers would be bad, the adventurer game tends to get worse with crowding which increasing the upper limit that way may invite.

Quote from: Perth on September 24, 2012, 05:14:04 AM
You Aurvandil guys don't do much for your own reputation....

I left Aurvandil a while ago :P Deleted the entire account... I am in the Barony of Makar now

Penchant

Quote from: DamnTaffer on September 24, 2012, 05:59:54 AM
I left Aurvandil a while ago :P Deleted the entire account... I am in the Barony of Makar now
Why did you do that?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Penchant on September 24, 2012, 06:04:28 AM
Why did you do that?

I disliked all the OOC hate and lost interest in the game for a while. Having Aurvandil on my character sheet seemed to be a black mark against me.

Penchant

Quote from: DamnTaffer on September 24, 2012, 06:08:51 AM
I disliked all the OOC hate and lost interest in the game for a while. Having Aurvandil on my character sheet seemed to be a black mark against me.
People don't really like Aurvandil because the way they act act could basically be summed up to this, "f*ck the world, I will do whatever the f*ck I want" or at least I would say that's how most people see them acting like.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Penchant on September 24, 2012, 06:17:27 AM
People don't really like Aurvandil because the way they act act could basically be summed up to this, "f*ck the world, I will do whatever the f*ck I want" or at least I would say that's how most people see them acting like.

I didn't mind that, I actually liked that, it was all the clanning stuff and whenever more than like 4 Aurvandilians turned up in a realm if one of them got freindly with the other it tended to start a magistrates case...

But yes, back on topic

Perth

Quote from: DamnTaffer on September 24, 2012, 05:59:54 AM

Excellent.

The Barony needs more active people.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

Rejected.

We already raised the character limit a while ago, and it didn't solve anything. We need to get more players or close down one of the game worlds, period. We can not have dwindling player numbers and solve them by giving people more characters until we have 20 people playing the game, each with 100 characters.

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Tom on September 24, 2012, 09:45:10 AM
Rejected.

We already raised the character limit a while ago, and it didn't solve anything. We need to get more players or close down one of the game worlds, period. We can not have dwindling player numbers and solve them by giving people more characters until we have 20 people playing the game, each with 100 characters.

You raised the max ammount of nobles you could have ...as an old player by like... 1 and lowered the ammount new players could have to two, this was a terrible choice... Utterly terrible the game needed new players and you restricted their access to nobles.

And your example is obsurd, letting each player have one noble per continent plus one or two other roaving nobles wouldn't just make the game 20 people playing 100 characters each. The game is desperately short of players and that stifles the game completely and rather than having a proper discussion about the problems of raising character limits you point at silly possibility.

Zakilevo

I think having 3 characters is enough for new players. More than that, they would lose focus.

Tom

Quote from: DamnTaffer on September 24, 2012, 11:00:26 PM
The game is desperately short of players

Exactly. The game is short of PLAYERS, not characters.