Author Topic: REJECTED: Changing character limits  (Read 10069 times)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Changing character limits
« Reply #15: September 25, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
Exactly. The game is short of PLAYERS, not characters.

No, it is short of both, though a shortness of characters is fixable whereas a shortness of players will only change with luck and time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: September 25, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
Giving people more characters will only make the game even MORE of an in-group thing, because fewer people control more of it. We want new players and we want them to stay and that doesn't work out if everything is in the hands of a few hardcore players and their 20 characters each.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #17: September 25, 2012, 12:34:22 PM »
Then make it one noble per continent.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 25, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »
You raised the max ammount of nobles you could have ...as an old player by like... 1 and lowered the ammount new players could have to two, this was a terrible choice... Utterly terrible the game needed new players and you restricted their access to nobles.

New players who didn't donate and didn't make their accounts public could only have 2 characters. I don't think this has changed?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 25, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »
New players who didn't donate and didn't make their accounts public could only have 2 characters. I don't think this has changed?

Nope. It changed

Public Info?  yes (locked at yes as long as you play more than 2 characters)

Pasted from my account. I have two nobles and an adventurer on my new account and I can't have a third noble as I could for making my information public like I could do a few years ago.

Giving people more characters will only make the game even MORE of an in-group thing, because fewer people control more of it. We want new players and we want them to stay and that doesn't work out if everything is in the hands of a few hardcore players and their 20 characters each.

Then why did you remove the option for a new player to create a third noble when they joined? Or even a returning player whom makes a new family. THis most certainly does not make the game more accessable to new players

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 26, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »
I like my privileges, but I can see how restricting max noble character count for newbies might be counterproductive.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 26, 2012, 04:55:41 AM »
I like my privileges, but I can see how restricting max noble character count for newbies might be counterproductive.

Well it forces them to have an adventurer if they want a third character which is okay... I guess but even then, surely its better to have a seperate adventurer count since they'll pretty much always play second fiddle to nobles because of how shallow there game is

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 26, 2012, 04:56:47 AM »
Well it forces them to have an adventurer if they want a third character which is okay... I guess but even then, surely its better to have a seperate adventurer count since they'll pretty much always play second fiddle to nobles because of how shallow there game is

"More" happens with adventurers, though, with gold and skill scaling as well as hunting/rest management.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 26, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
"More" happens with adventurers, though, with gold and skill scaling as well as hunting/rest management.

Yeah, but its just stats and numbers unless you like roleplaying slaying monsters... over and over... there is not much roleplay to it. Adventurers tend to not talk amongst themselves and nobles tend to be scornful until they are buying something from you. It plays completely different to nobles and given the choice between 3 nobles and two nobles and an adventurer I don't know many whom would pick the adventurer

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 26, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »
Then make it one noble per continent.

I like this idea.

I hate the two nobles on one continent; and two in one realm is even worse.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 26, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
I like this idea.

I hate the two nobles on one continent; and two in one realm is even worse.
I would like to make that a perk for older players if this is implemented. Older players are better at separating their characters so its not the same views, professions, etc with all the different characters. There are older players that I trust to roleplay properly with multiple characters in same island or even realm.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 27, 2012, 04:25:12 AM »
So far as I'm concerned, account age has no correlation with ability to separate characters. Some of the oldest accounts are actually the worst.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: September 27, 2012, 04:27:49 AM »
So far as I'm concerned, account age has no correlation with ability to separate characters. Some of the oldest accounts are actually the worst.

I can't agree more with Indirik on this one...

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 27, 2012, 04:38:40 AM »
I can't agree more with Indirik on this one...

Yeah... And putting the limit at one per continent forces and encourages a player to experience more of the game

Zakilevo

« Reply #29: September 27, 2012, 04:41:39 AM »
Yeah... And putting the limit at one per continent forces and encourages a player to experience more of the game

There are people who do not wish to play on certain continents like me though.