Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf IX: You Lose!  (Read 44920 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
[Forum Game] Werewolf IX: You Lose!
« Topic Start: September 26, 2012, 02:05:50 AM »
Note that these rules are fairly different from the ones that you guys are used to. They're ripped from mafiascum.net. You can expect the games to be much slower paced and much more about logical deduction and discussion than shooting in the dark. This game needs 9 people and I will be taking you on a first-come first-serve basis. Do not subscribe to the game if you do not intend to post at least once every two days. Yes, this game will have a theme and roleplaying, the details of which you can find on some later post on this thread.

We have enough players now. Should you be interested in subbing in the future, PM me and I'll put you in as soon as I can.

Living [7]:
Lefanis
Ketchum
Velax - Vanilla townie, puddlized by the mafia night 1.
Fury
Indirik
Lanyon - Lynched day 1, revealed to be Vanilla Townie
Sonya
Zakilevo
Arundel

Dead
  • :
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 01:38:03 AM by Norrel »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf IX: You Lose!
« Reply #1: September 26, 2012, 02:06:16 AM »
READ THESE, even if you've played other Werewolf games on this forum.

I. What is my job as a player?
A. All in all, it is simply to play the game. You are required to play to your win condition. Remember to be considerate of other players and to enjoy playing as well.

II. How does voting work?
A. Votes to lynch are submitted during the day phase. They are to be formatted as: vote: Playername or VOTE: Playername
B. Votes will not be counted if they are not in this format. Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
C. Please submit vote revocations as Unvote, Unvote: Playername, UNVOTE: Playername, or UNVOTE: .
D. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.

III. How long do Days last?
A. This game will have a strict 3-week deadline per game day that are only movable in special circumstances. This means that days will automatically end after 3 weeks of real time have occurred, and they will only end early if a lynch (or a voted no-lynch) has occurred.

IV. How does a lynch occur?
A. A simple majority of all living players must agree upon one person for a lynch (or a no lynch) to occur. Once a simple majority is reached, no further unvoting will change someone's fate.
B. At deadline, if a simple majority has not been reached, the game will proceed in a no lynch.
C. After deadline has been reached or a lynch majority has been reached, the game enters the Twilight phase (the phase of the game after Day, and before a night scene has been posted by me: ) all players including a player who is about to be lynched may continue to post in Twilight. There is nothing else special about Twilight.

V. How do Nights work?
A. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
B. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a "No Action" PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
C. If you expect to be V/LA during Night, you may send in night actions early.
D. Nights will last a maximum of 72 hours. If all players (with or without night actions) have indicated via PM to the Moderator that they are ready for night to be completed, Night will end early.

VI. How often am I supposed to post?
A. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
B. You will be prodded by me after 48 hours of no activity.
C. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
D. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. This is often referred to as a V/LA period. If a player announces a particularly long V/LA, I may replace that player.
E. If you don't feel that you can meet reasonable activity requirements, or for whatever reason, are unable to play the game anymore, you can let me know that you want to replace out without repercussions. I can sometimes work out temporary replace-outs depending on your situation (an extended V/LA, for instance.)

VII. What do I do if I notice the Moderator made a mistake?
A. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. If is a very simple error, like an incorrect vote count, it should be brought to the attention of the mod in the following format to make sure it is noticed: @Mod: blah blah blah.
B. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.

VIII. What are other things I may not do?
A. You may not directly quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
B. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
C. Blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
D. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage (the time between when the role PMs have been sent out and the game proper begins).
E. I reserve the right as the Mod to make reasonable decisions based upon situations not covered by this ruleset. I also reserve the right to make rule changes. You will be notified in-thread if this occurs.
F. If you have any situation-specific questions about what is okay to do, please ask first if you're in doubt! This will help maintain the game's integrity.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:27:21 AM by Slapsticks »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 26, 2012, 02:06:28 AM »
This game is Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of six possible setups as detailed below:
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Jailkeeper, 5 Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 1 Jailkeeper, 5 Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Role Cop, 1 Jailkeeper, 6 Townies

The Role Cop is able to submit both night kills and role investigations (role investigation is a function of the Role Cop; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole.)

Listed below are the potential role PMs:

TOWNIE

You are a Vanilla Townie, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest. Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage! At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Confirm that you are ready in thread after you've had all necessary questions answered about your role and the rules.

COP

You are the Cop, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.

The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence. If you are blocked by a Jailkeeper, you will receive a PM stating “No Result”. At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. You will always be given a correct result.

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Confirm that you are ready in thread after you've had all necessary questions answered about your role and the rules.

DOCTOR

You are the Doctor and can protect people from harm.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect. If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. You will not be informed as to whether your protection was successful or not. You may not protect yourself. At no time may you privately communicate with any other player. In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night.

Jailkeeper

You are the Jailkeeper, and you can protect someone as well as protect the town from them.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to jailkeep. If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared. Your target will additionally prevented from successfully using night actions. You will not be informed as to whether your action was successful or not. You may not jailkeep yourself. At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.

Mafia Goon

You, name (a Mafia Goon) and name (who is a Mafia Role Cop) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. You may communicate privately via PM with your fellow Mafia up until the game proper is begun (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.

You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mafia Role Cop

You, name (a Mafia Role Cop) and name (who is a Mafia Goon) are part of the local Mafia crime family. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched. During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia and choose another player in the town to kill that night. One of you must send me a PM with your choice of who to kill. You may communicate privately via PM with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened (this is called Night 0). Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.

Additionally, each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you'd like to investigate. You will find out that player's role name. If you are blocked by a Jailkeeper, you will receive a PM stating “No Result”.

You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:22:59 AM by Slapsticks »

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 26, 2012, 02:06:50 AM »
I don't need this post actually lol
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:38:39 AM by Slapsticks »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 26, 2012, 02:11:02 AM »
Reserved
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 26, 2012, 02:55:13 AM »
In.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 26, 2012, 03:02:23 AM »
In.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 26, 2012, 03:40:32 AM »
Ambitious.  I'll keep an eye on it.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Fury

« Reply #8: September 26, 2012, 05:27:18 AM »
IN.

What does Sane mean and why is it needed? Are there insane roles that are not listed? Why is the title "You Lose!" and what does it mean?

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 26, 2012, 05:44:24 AM »
What does Sane mean and why is it needed?

I copied this more-or-less straight from another website where the differentiation was necessarily. Consider "sane" to mean "regular".

Why is the title "You Lose!" and what does it mean?

You'll see.

Ambitious.  I'll keep an eye on it.

Does that mean you're in?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 26, 2012, 06:08:47 AM »
In.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 26, 2012, 06:10:45 AM »
Am I reading this right that each "game day" can last up to three weeks of RL time?

As soon as a majority of the people agree on a lynch, then the day ends immediately? I.e. on day one, as soon as five people say "VOTE KEPLER" then that's the end of the day phase?

What does this mean: "In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night."

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 26, 2012, 06:17:07 AM »
Am I reading this right that each "game day" can last up to three weeks of RL time?
Yes. This is highly unlikely.

As soon as a majority of the people agree on a lynch, then the day ends immediately? I.e. on day one, as soon as five people say "VOTE KEPLER" then that's the end of the day phase?
Yes. You can use an informal voting system if you want where you list suspicions, not votes, until you actually firmly believe something, to avoid a sudden day end.

When you vote, I take it to mean that you want that person dead. There's no use keeping the day going if that person's death is an inevitability.

What does this mean: "In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night."

Another one of those "I copied everything" things. There is no way the guy you protected can die.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:21:46 AM by Slapsticks »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 26, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »
Well, what the heck. I'll give it a shot.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 26, 2012, 01:54:56 PM »
in