Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns  (Read 61638 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf X: The Thing Returns
« Reply #165: October 11, 2012, 01:49:36 AM »
I am confused. The Thing does not infect anyone before it dies? :o
I have a feeling this ain't over man......

Sonya, sorry. I just online and read your message now :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: October 11, 2012, 05:28:54 AM »
We still have the infected Thing we need to take care of. I'm going to VOTE ZAKILEVO, just to get things started.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: October 11, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »
VOTE ZAKILEVO AKA ZAKI AKA ROLLY

He celebrate too early, too suspicious... ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: October 11, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »
Vote Ketchum.

Thing protecting itself by bandwagoning?

Also, he began Sonya vote.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Fury

« Reply #169: October 11, 2012, 06:45:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RISJ--pvxmU

NIGHT 7 EVENTS

VOTE ZAKI - Velax #166, Ketchum #167
VOTE KETCHUM - Lefanis #168

Zaki was one of the original survivors of the first Thing attack and one of the first to be surprised when the Thing they had thought killed came back to life through an infection. Victory! He cried again happily and went off to celebrate. Little did he know that Velax and Ketchum were plotting to lynch him behind his back. Apparently, the lynching wasn't over.

Meanwhile:

While Zaki celebrates alone, Velax is suspicious. He had heard how his namesake in the Artic mission had died after the original Thing had been killed. The other Velax had been murdered after he deduced that another Thing must still be alive, so this Velax kept his own council as much as possible, aside from voting.

While Ketchum waits for Velax to join him in lynching Zaki in the canteen, Velax waits in one of the Scientist's rooms. The lights are off and he fingers his gun on his lap. After half an hour the door opens and a Scientist steps in. He switches on the light and stops dead when he sees a gun pointed at his head.

"Hello, Lefanis," says Velax. "Come on in."

A minute later, the other Scientists hear a loud gunshot come from the direction of their quarters.

Lefanis the Scientist is shot - again.

Suddenly, Velax bursts out of Lefanis' quarters at top speed followed by Lefanis hopping on one foot after him waving a microscope dangerously in the air.

"Shoot me AGAIN, will you? I'll teach you!" Lefanis screams.

Fortunately, Velax reaches the canteen in time. He bars the door and leaves Lefanis banging on it with his microscope and goes look for Ketchum.

Well, shall we?" he asks.
"Let's do it."

They both approach Zaki on the barstool at the bar celebrating all by himself with a drink. He looks surprised as both Velax and Ketchum pick up a barstool each and hold it dangerously close to his head.

"What? Huh? What? I give... what?" Zaki slurs.
"The Thing isn't dead."
"Sure it isss."
"Well, we're just going to have to make sure."

Then they both proceed to bash Zaki repeatedly in the head. When they were sure he was not moving they prodded him with a foot.

"No infection here", says Ketchum.
"Yep", replies Velax.

From his inside jacket pocket they pull out some of his research papers.

SELF-PRESERVATION

If attacked with fire or powerful electric shock the creature will attempt to attack, escape or play possum. If incapacitated it appears to try to overwhelm it's attackers no matter how outnumbered with a violently horrific display of its metamorphic ability, mutating seemingly uncontrollably to the point sentient creatures will flee in terror.

ORIGIN

It is not known whether the Thing is itself a technological species, whether the ship it arrived on was its own. It could be reasoned that it crashed because the original pilot was killed or sabotaged the craft, and the creature was unable to manage the controls. However, there are reports it was able to manufacture a small saucer like craft from parts it found on the base, something that was obviously beyond his human understanding. Assimilated humans have been seen operating vehicles and equipment their human counterpart would have knowledge of.

Zaki the Researcher / Scientist was bashed repeatedly in the head till dead.

Then they both went to sleep and wonder if they were still missing some pertinent information about the Thing or that perhaps... they had really got the Thing after all.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: October 11, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »
I'm going to file charges against you killer Velax! I remember how you voted Sonya too! When this is all over and I win another Nobel, I'm going to laugh as you rot in prison!!

I'm going to go again with Ketchum.

Vote Ketchum.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: October 11, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »
Very interesting.

UNVOTE Ketchum.

VOTE VELAX.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: October 11, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
I'm likely the only Sage-type you have left, Lefanis. It's thanks to me that Government Agent D'Espana is dead, and it's thanks to me Telrunya is dead. If I'd shot Telrunya, Sonya would have been hung anyway and Telrunya would still be alive. I had hoped my shot would save Sonya, but it was not to be. Think about it. Even if I'm the second Thing, I would not have known that until the first Thing was dead, after Sonya had already been hung. So unless you think I'm a Government Agent that for some reason decided to deliberately get the other Government Agent killed, it should be pretty clear I've been working for the Scientists.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: October 12, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »
What the monster is going on. I will never trust anyone ever!

VOTE VELAX

Seems Telrunya the Thing kind of leave hint behind. Thing/Hunter not a bad combo.

Zakilevo

« Reply #174: October 12, 2012, 02:21:22 AM »
DEATH TO THOSE WHO VOTED ME!

Fury

« Reply #175: October 12, 2012, 03:47:07 AM »
UPDATE

Remaining Scientists

Velax
Slapsticks
Ketchum
Lefanis

The atmosphere was palpable. Things were coming to a close. While there had been a whole lot of action going on, research was lacking and it just might be their undoing. Looking around at one another they realized that they had killed of most of their prominent scientists and were now severely handicapped in skills and abilities.

Apparently, between the Thing and themselves they had killed one of each: a Hunter, a Researcher, a Psychologist, a Psychic, an Escape Artist, a Secret Government Agent and of course, The Thing. The list read like a Trophy Cabinet Collection of Who's Who.

The score was:
The Thing - 2
Scientists - 4

While they might have a trick or two up their sleeves yet, they were still working at odds with one another. There was fear that everyone was going to die - the only question was the method. There had not been a single Thing attack in the last three nights but they weren't taking chances. They were going to lynch everyone single person until they found the Thing. The bad news was... their numbers were dwindling. Sooner or later there was going to have to be a compromise of ideals, objectives - if they were going to... simply survive.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: October 12, 2012, 04:48:40 AM »
Okay maybe we should just stop lynching?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Fury

« Reply #177: October 12, 2012, 03:53:23 PM »
CURRENT VOTING

VOTE VELAX - Lefanis #171, Ketchum #173

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: October 12, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
Okay maybe we should just stop lynching?
Stop lynching will not help us to defeat and cure this infected Thingie person.

We Scientists need start keep posting our analysis here. Being quiet, does not stop one of us Scientists from being hunted one by one to death.

Is the Thingie lazy to hunt, which is why there is no hunt for some of the nights? ???
If yes, it could be the quiet Scientist among us, the one who has no interest to win the Nobel medal...

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: October 12, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
UNVOTE Velax

Vote Slapsticks.