Author Topic: Tutorial/War continent  (Read 2197 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Tutorial/War continent
« Topic Start: September 27, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
To help with new players learn the game and find the game interesting, I think a war island should be brought back, but modified. New players will be given an additional player for the purpose of the war island advertised as being a tutorial or mock game, so they can learn and test things with out affecting their real characters. Also they can then see the excitement of doing large scale battles right quickly.

To populate the continent, X amount of random people from current players will get to make an additional character only for the war island. Then when the war island finishes by conquer or turn limit. The current players lose their character and new random players get selected giving priority to those that haven't been chosen yet. New players will then lose their character at the end or continue for another  if they just came in at the end, and then join the lottery like everyone else.

Features like fame, and family gold would be disabled. Current players would be encourage to teach the new players and provide a fun environment.

I think this would really help new players feel the excitement of the game quicker, and be able to learn easier. Also, it would help the current players satisfy their blood lust.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Tutorial/War continent
« Reply #1: September 27, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »
This is a frequently rejected request.

There will never, ever, ever be a seperate island for newcomers. Over my dead body. I'd rather sell the game to Zynga.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 27, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
This is a frequently rejected request.

There will never, ever, ever be a seperate island for newcomers. Over my dead body. I'd rather sell the game to Zynga.

Newcomer island seems terrible, but a timed war island with a free character slot, and no connection to family fame and wealth could be interesting

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 27, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »
A dedicated island with separate rules requires a lot of dev time. It becomes its own "branch" of code. So you'd have Stable, Testing, and War branches. Each branch would have their own sets of bugs, and require dev time to debug and maintain. From what I undersstand, this is one of the reasons the original war islands were closed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 27, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
I am closing this topic. I don't know how I can make it even more clear than above that nothing even remotely like this will be even seriously considered. It's a dead horse, please stop beating it.