Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552697 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1005: December 21, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
Barca is a backwater, its hardly the essense of ostentatious wealth and culture of Dwilight, hell its nobles barely no how to talk, perhaps even language is rare there.

Asylon isnt even civilized, its a poor backwater , but at least it has its own culture.

I think we can all agree that the language Barcans use is quite more understandable than that rather orthopedic and artificial slang that their southern neighbours imported to the lands they inhabit. Glaumring, have you had any comprehension issue when talking to a Barcan noble?

I wouldnt roleplay Barca anything more than a passsable city of mud and farm animals, dirty, uncouth its nobles wrapped in animal furs a war torn land struggling to be a republic under the watchful eye of the Zuma. Its a frontier kingdom that never rose beyond that.

Your talk reminds very much of our pal Noblesse. Honestly, things like that remind me of those little monkeys dancing the tune of their master's accordion. Noblesse's tune isn't so cool that we need that little dance, in fact, it's sometimes quite repetitive. What surprises me is to hear all that Zuma thing when Aurvandilian hordes adorned in feathers have been up to mischief until they were bored, with no uncomfortable visit from them in their recent visit to Barca.

I guess Glaumring has had a very close relation to Barcan people to be so judgemental, if that wouldn't the case I'd think he's just a blabbermouth. Since I don't know anything about Asylonian background, I'll remain quiet about it. And whether you don't seem to have a good opinion of Barcans, Asylonians are fine for me, I don't know why but I don't think Glaumring could be some kind of good portrait of his people. But it's nice to see two friends that understand each other so nicely.  ::)