Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 553529 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1035: December 22, 2012, 12:05:54 AM »
Barca was built upon the ashes of two previous civilizations, the Ordenstaat and Silverfall? Its an ancient forested area probably littered with old buildings in the jungles, there is probably signs of poverty and different cultures of villages throughout the area, Barca probably has 2 or 3 native languages, the people are forest inclined and probably are a bit isolationist being so far from the major powers. The Barcans are an invasion outsider race, very few of them were actually born there, so they probably brought pieces of culture from their previous homeland in the eastlands, much like Asylon. Perhaps the peasantry dislike their alien rulers, or adore them? I don't know but Barca has a lot of potential to create a very interesting RP for its kingdom just because it is so messed up and diverse. You should be proud of your backwater mishmash melting pot. I am proud of Asylons diversity and backwardness, its much more fun to RP imperfection.

I tend to imagine Barca as having barely tamed wild lands, with pockets of agriculture here and there, a large number of very tiny isolated towns, but pestigious public institutions in the urban cores, with most cultural products (and products in general) being imports from Terran and D'Hara.

As for agricultural products, what I'd imagine would be: game (deer, elk), boar, yak, maple syrup, honey (from D'Haran-imported bees), mushrooms, beets, and cabbage.

I've found these descriptions much more useful to have an idea of the Barcan background than some others previously seen here. At least it doesn't seem slanted, which is nice.

I agree with Unwin referring to personal opinions from certain characters who come from a rather chauvinistic and pompous background, with all the luxury and overspend of the court of an absolutist monarchy. It's not weird to hear a pejorative opinion IC from a rich noble when visiting a modest realm. The smelling... well, we all know that Aurvandilian Troop Leaders can't leave their tents before having a bath in Eau de Rochas.  ;)

There is a world of difference between talking on the forum and roleplaying in game.

You have admitted that you don't make any distinction when writing in this forum very often. In fact, I'd say doubtless that you roleplay constantly in this forum, that's something I think everyone could agree with. It's not the same that roleplaying in game indeed, as the range of your words here is probably wider, but it comes to be your character's opinion as well.