Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552329 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1155: January 19, 2013, 10:01:55 PM »
It is good to see you don't have interest in Barca, and I'm glad to read from you "D'Hara reconquered" rather than your so habitual "we just let them take it because that was our plan".

The two stances don't contradict each other, D'Hara did reconquer because we made no effort to defend them. Unless D'Hara has an army larger and stronger than Aurvandil, which they don't, and capable of beating Aurvandil behind a level 5 fortress, or a level 2 motte and bailey, which they can't, then it substantiates the claim that they would never have taken the lands if we made an effort to defend them, which is perfectly true. The lands were a throwaway to buy us time and weren't worth the renewed war to defend.

You talk about detritus, but turns out that you seem to like the presence of many detritus of other realms within your borders. You have big armies and plenty of characters to feed your smug attitude, but you aren't quite selective to accept new ones of doubtless reputation and shady origins. It's clear it's the goal what matters rather than the way.

It's not smugness.

And no, I'm not selective. Anyone can join Aurvandil within reason, so long as they abandon their previous culture and affiliation for the Commonwealth. We're very accepting of foreign nobles, as the original Orvandeaux was a mixture of Liberite's and Madinian's we don't set much astore to ethnicity.

I remember some posts in which you talked contemptuously about the deals Barca have with the Zuma, and seems Mendicant make them too. If the Zuma didn't supported Barca in your invasion I think it was rather due to the fact Barca threw the first stone. And I'd like to add that if it was because of your deals with the Zuma, in your place I wouldn't say it loud after all the boasting on Aurvandil you have had.

Mendicant has made no deals with the Zuma nor has Aurvandil, ever, we simply have an understanding. Which is to say, Mendicant understands what Haktoo will or won't do regarding Barca.

Talking about Fissoa, I don't know the whole story but it seems you just shown up with almost 2000 men landing in the core of they realm with no war declaration.

We wouldn't want to give the Moot enough forewarning to make a competent advance into Aurvandil when we're invading another realm, would we?

We declared war before our arrival, as is the Aurvandilan way. We might have spoken earlier but Blacksheep is famous for refusing any sort of peace talks or negotiations.

I see. I guess that's the way to avoid the squeezed peasants to have some wish of independence for a real war declaration. I am curious to know how much is "just before". The turn before? Enough time to allow the Fissoan nobles fighting in Falkirk to return and defend their lands?

I would have declared war, but I forgot that you can't declare war straight from peace for some reason.

Then I held back on a game mechanics declaration because of negotiations with Luria Nova, Aurvandil doesn't intend a long term war with Fissoa anyway and a game mechanics declaration would rather give the impression we do. We're just jousting Fissoa at the moment.

To the Zuma stuff, AFAIK, Mendicant has spoke with the Zuma to find out what of Barca he can attack without the Zuma caring to defend it but there has been no deals as that would be considered dishonorable.

Exactly that. I just asked her what her treaty was with Barca, she explained, so I pointed out the holes in the treaty that allows me to attack them and she said she would uphold what was written in the treaty and nothing else.

Also, Allison is in Aurvandil.  She has a great relationship with the Zuma.  I am quite sure that Aurvandil has little to fear from the Zuma.

I shall have to make a dynastic marriage, marry Allison off to Haktoo.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:05:24 PM by NoblesseChevaleresque »