Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 551987 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #120: October 13, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »
We don't portray our realm as "poor Victims" I'm trying to show you guys that Aurvandil isn't the "big bad" that you guys think it is. You obviously have a skewed view of this since you've been on the losing side of our army once or twice and have watched us beat your moot into a pulp. That's O.K. I understand you're angry because we seem like we can't be beat, but we really aren't the horrible atrocious witches that you think we are. Really I just want people to see us as another realm with its own quirks and intricacies like all other realms. Yea we have had our bad moments. Other realms haven't? You don't see any other realms get focused with so much hate and disdain for their faults, mishaps, or actions as you do Aurvandil.  Yes I'm complaining that everyone is against us because that is dang sure what it seems like sometimes.

I wasn't even there when Aurvandil defeated any D'Haran army, if beat any it did. What hurt us wasn't Aurvandil, it was starvation.

What happened is that Aurvandil signed a border agreement with Barca. Then decided not only to give lent regions back, but to keep and take more from them, with no provocation. It then decided it had the right to decide who was legitimate in Barca or not. It then decided it had the right to declare Barca to be a non-state. Then, it decided it would plop new colonies in our territories. All the while, saying the "evil 'moot attacked us, we never wanted war!"

Sure.

You forced this war onto us, and then claim it was never your intent when it was obvious attacking Barca would result in this. A few in the 'moot might have wanted war against Aurvandil, but it would have absolutely never have happened had you not broken your treaty with Barca and attacked them without provocation. (How can you seriously claim you haven't broken the "In the event that the cival war meets it natural conclusion, Evanburg will be returned to the Republic of Barca" provision...) You tried to force an unspecified government change in Barca, and then tried to mingle in D'Haran politics. Before the war, you wouldn't didn't feel like selling us food. Even if we were at peace and you had never attacked us, you make for a really !@#$ty neighbor.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron