Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552718 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #120: October 13, 2012, 05:05:37 PM »
Removed Glaumring quote at his request.

And we aren't anyone's lapdogs, never were. But if we are getting closer to SA, it's because Aurvandil is forcing us to. Had Aurvandil respected their treaties and let us be, we never would have bothered to organize military cooperation with the North against them. Seriously, it's like America trying to organize putsches in Cuba, and wondering why the hell it then aligns itself with the USSR. Or China bullying Vietnam, and wondering why they align with the USSR instead of themselves. It amazes me how astounded Aurvandilians seem to be that we defend ourselves instead of just playing dead.

Erm...as usual, your Lurian facts are pretty off-base.

To my knowledge, only one Lurian ruler has ever been an SA priest. I can't say for certain which rulers are or have been SA members (besides the aforementioned priest), but presently exactly 0 are SA priests. (As a matter of fact, I think that presently all the Lurian rulers are members of Aetheris Pyrism, though as Alanna's not a member I can't say for sure.)

The Lurias have always tolerated SA, and tried to remain in its political good graces. We will not, however, be ruled by it. Not now, not ever.

Malus Solari was one. I seem to recall at least one or two Luria Nova rulers being priests of SA. Then there's the dukes and other government members, over time. That today none of the rulers is SA doesn't mean that historically, SA faithful had quite a few positions with pull in the Lurias.

Pardon my exaggeration, though. But the 'moot fought an SA realm (Kabrinskia, a theocracy!), something that the Lurias have never done.

Hey,i have an idea,why don't we all join SA and make Dwilight the most boring world to play in? Sounds like a plan?

If Aurvandil threatens the only non-SA realms with destruction, expect this to happen. It's really amazing how Aurvandil hates SA so much, but decides to strike at the least SA block of the continent. What do they expect us to do, join them!? We've put years of struggle into building our realms, against insane monster hordes which we managed to eventually push back, foreign threats which we prevented from having serious impacts to this point, and massive and recurring starvation which we finally had under control. After all of this history, do you think we want to fold under the reign of an uppity monarch with a victimization complex?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:18:01 AM by egamma »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron