Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552280 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1200: January 20, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »
I have received a report about a skirmish in Gallaecia involving a Barcan noble, which I don't know the reason. After the way you raided Barcan lands last time, I think he's not in his right mind. I guess some explanation will come soon.

"The Candielian Kingdom and Commonqwealth of Aurvandil; a Monarchy and Commonwealth built upon the founding principles of Sovereignty, Royalism and Chivalry (...)"

The first lines. I won't spend more time to check for more. Maybe some day I'll take a look to the book you quoted to see if the arrogance is other of the principles the Codes if Chivalry defend. I think however it's more like being humble and selfless.

Depends on which school of Chivalry you go by. Though neither word particularly fits it.

Chevaliers were expected to be humble in the sense of what they were and the finery they had, it was considered most unbecoming for them to wear ridiculous fine clothes that revealed the shape of your body and so forth. As for selfless, well it depends on what you mean. But Aurvandil holds itself to the selfless part rather well, we make a strong point of it.

Why would you have to retreat if you wouldn't engage a combat against overwhelming numbered enemies?

Since when did the larger force automatically win? A smaller force of soldiers can prove themselves superior on the battlefield, as was repeatedly shown during the hundred years war. You would have to retreat if you lost the battle and weren't willing to stand and die.

Very few comments i have ever seen you make have furthered the conversation at all. Is it that hard to put your emotions aside and objectively talk about the war?

He's just permanently upset over the whole Paisly and "Chenier is rapist" thing.