Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552315 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1245: January 27, 2013, 03:13:54 PM »
I don't even remember anyone who was on the Lord's Council that wanted to take Paisly after the Capital was moved to the Tower.   Our issue was Barca, never Paisly.   And then Barca supporting Aurvandil - well, at least that turned out just like Madina said it would. . . pretty sure Vallyn flat up told the Moot that Aurvandil would betray them and keep the city.
I remember that Vallyn and Julius couldn't get along. Something that greatly irritated Hireshmont to hear Julius speak as he did. Because Julius didn't liked Madina and Vallyn, we prevented the 'Moot to cross Barca to attack Aurvandil while we gave them Evanburg in fief. This all didn't turned out the way we hoped for, mostly because Aurvandil grew stronger than the 'Moot.

Evanburg is a townsland, not a city.

And well to be fair, Vallyn was talking out of his arse when he said that. Unless he actually predicted the defection of three lords, the subsequent diplomatic slight by Julius and the declaration of war. His assertion was baseless.
It were not the 'diplomatic slights' from Julius which caused this war. When I arrived in Candiels, I wasn't received as warmly as the first time. And from the first moment until the end of Julius and Mendicant's negotiation, Mendicant twisted Julius' words and took insult at the slightest of things. That while Julius was enduring insults after insults. It was soo clear that Mendicant had zero intention of ever handing back Barca's region, and eventually blamed my 'insults' for the war that followed. It was shameless, but I am loving the action.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar