Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552872 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1605: March 18, 2013, 05:04:26 AM »
The problem, as Scarlett's character in Terran has alluded to many times, is that the position is pretty redundant and powerless. I suppose unless someone with a very big personality got in there. Even then, it would be frustrating for them.

The realm is run by the Senate, and specifically those Senators who care to contribute, which means the Chief Magistrate's job is primarily foreign relations/diplomacy.... however, that is mostly de facto dominated by Hireshmont and the Elder representation in the 'Moot.

It's a thankless position with little point and not much fun. Plus you lose your landed title.
I'd be making more gold as ruler of Terran. I am used to the rather thankless positions. Foreign relations/diplomacy, I see many failures in Hireshmont's foreign relation activities, thus he can keep doing his thing, and I would do everything I think he should be doing, but isn't. Obviously we can't be talking to the same person about the same thing, though same person with topics different enough they warrant separate people doing the talking, could be fine sometimes. I love the diplomacy aspect, but I have been playing Marco in such a way, that Ambassador he will never aspire to be, but ruler, even if it is primarily powerless except for diplomacy, he could aspire to be.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton