Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552742 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1620: March 18, 2013, 05:13:57 AM »
Oh, and on the whole "we planned this forever ago" motif:

Bull!@#$.

Aurvandil did nothing to provoke Terran's renewed assault. The Feb. 26 campaign is one of those rare instances where you can basically point at less than 4 or 5 people and give them full credit/blame for pretty much everything that happened. As someone playing the idealist warmonger character who's been engineering this whole war, Aurvandil has given me almost nothing to work with. Ya'll basically haven't provoked us in forever.

I the player wanted to do the Feb 26. campaign because it seemed like a neat challenge for me as a player. As it were, I miscalculated, but certainly learned a bit.

Hireshmont did it because as he gets older he gets crazier. The Hireshmont from a year ago, or two years ago, would have been very content to have a cold war with Aurvandil, or make a negotiated settlement. But this Hireshmont is older and feels a need to rework the world to make a legacy, and perceives himself as being personally important to the war (a prideful belief to be sure).

Claiming that you planned the campaign that I planned is kinda bollocks. There was no provocation for Terran. I'm sure you made some contingency plans but, no, I really do not believe you planned all this. AFTER we attacked, from then on, sure, I believe it. Sitting in TWainwood to invite our over-reach? Yeah, I do believe you planned that. A canny set of campaigns to get a free landing in Terran? Absolutely, you did a damn good job planning that, especially in combination with our disordered retreat.

But the whole kit-and-kaboodle with Aurvandil as initiator?

Nah. That's what we call a lie.

Out of curiosity, did Terran even try contacting Farronite or Astrum and ask for help? I, for one, had no idea things were going so bad for Terran. We never heard any details about Asylon's invasion.

Two things:
1. It was all very sudden. We haven't had much time to react.

2. Kas did reach out for help, with some success actually. But Kas is a bit of a Glaumring, to be frank: a million miles a minute in fifty different directions.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner