Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552306 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1620: March 18, 2013, 05:24:45 AM »
Well I disagree, for several reasons. What is your reasoning for an unknown to be made ruler?/A known being bad?

Known people have baggage. And Terran needs to shed a lot of baggage in record time.

Plus, as a player, I hate seeing the same players become rulers all the time. Yeah, Terran has had some crappy rulers. But I don't regret it a bit: it's meant that a ton of players who've never gotten to have a rulership anywhere else have had a chance to experience it.

For an RP perspective, Terran is a realm with an extremely powerful upper-level bureaucracy. Terran only works effectively with a ruler who can either serve as a moral center for the realm but who has no particular political interests, or else a ruler who is of titanic strength, will, and political acumen and can break the will of the elites.

I know of only 2 or 3 nobles who might be able to achieve the latter, so we roll with the former.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner