Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 553210 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1650: March 18, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »
Yeah, definitely. Was great and everyone in the realm seemed to enjoy the brief excitement and drama. And all the IG rivalry aside between Erasmus and Hireshemont, I always though his player was a very successful ruler because he made a lot of effort to involve everyone and spice things up when they would get boring.

I do remember reading you guys talking about that way back when, but no one directly accused me of anything so I didn't feel the need to defend myself like now. And from what I remember, many of you devs didn't even know about that thing... so what makes you think I would've known, and then assume that I did know and do it with that intention?Erasmus ran for that election (only one) in the hopes of getting a quick boost of tax gold before he left for zuma lands, seeing an easy opportunity since no one else was running; and funny thing was 3 or 4 other nobles voted for him too :)  I had no idea what was going on with Erasmus' ban or why they were waiting but figured it had to do with a trial they kept alluding to , and Erasmus figured the delay was from his psudo-confession/mocking rant to SA about repenting and seeking forgiveness for his crimes. I had no idea about any new lord protections.

Erasmus was an awesome character.

It made me sad it ended the way it did: I really was hoping that Erasmus could be a trigger for Hireshmont's plunge into darkness. Their conversations about peasants and Erasmus' odd hobbies could really have been a segue to something bigger. But then Erasmus got involved with Hireshmont's political rivals. He changed from being a personally evil but reasonably neutral politician to being a political rival with a wee bit too much power. So Hireshmont had to address the situation.

I will say: I thought it was awesome when Erasmus arrested Hireshmont. It had never, ever occurred to me to do such a thing, but it was really a clever move.

Simpler times.

Wtf, why does this protection even exist?

I don't remember. It is a bit frustrating that we weren't able to get a ban on Erasmus... but such is the way of things.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner