Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 551986 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #1830: March 27, 2013, 11:34:07 PM »
Tell me, would Allison have left the church if she had nowhere to run to?
She probably would have been kicked out. The writing was already on the wall. Too many people were too unhappy with her. She had been permanently denied any form of control or authority in the religion. For Allison, that's as good as kicking her out.

And whatever the answer, many people have put great efforts to keeping SA in the same direction, and many have commented that it may not otherwise be so united.
I maintain that these people, all relative newcomers to SA, have no idea what they're talking about.

Morek's impact on Dwilight is rather minimal. They could have more impact, but they chose not to. Same with Astrum.
I'm sorry, but this just proves that you have no idea what's going on in the world outside D'Hara.

What did Astrum or Morek do since Aurvandil was founded?
Destroyed ThulsomaAveroth. Destroyed Caerwyn. Founded Iashalur. Founded Swordfell. Killed Summerdale.

So, yeah, pretty much nothing.

To say that it had a "big" effect is an understatement. Mendicant single-handedly caused the most changes on Dwilight by himself, with the help of whoever didn't mind playing in a realm with a lot of fishy behavior.
There's no denying that Aurvandil had a huge effect on the island. I don't deny it. I just dispute how much different the island would be without the multi-accounting. Would the moot still be around? Sure. Madina? Maybe.

Why not just go raze the damn thing to the ground, lest we leave Dwi as a testament of how much one can pull off by cheating if he wants to.
Not gonna happen, no matter how much you scream and yell that it should. Treat it like any other bug, and play through it.

Edit: Wups, meant Averoth, not Thulsoma...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:14:31 AM by Indirik »
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.