Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552219 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #30: October 10, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »
Indeed, if/when you spin off Paisly, that'll be a very interesting dynamic.

That said, I do think Aurvandil is overtrusting in infantry. In battles where the wind doesn't screw up the archers, we have inflicted substantively heavier casualties on you than you have on us. Admittedly, that weather factor does add a major risk element– but I can't help thinking that your lack of cav and much ranged power is gonna come back to bite you if we ever get in a situation with CS-parity.

It's the military culture in Aurvandil, we refuse to use Cavalry for some reason, and nobody wants to lead archers because their is little chivalry and honour in it. That said, we field a lot of our best ranged special forces and if Celtiberia didn't keep revolting we would consecutively fund an entire army to comprise of them, which would easily outdo our lack of archers because they're so powerful and well trained.

Our lack of cavalry and archers is already biting us, but we're very cavalier about it.

Egamma: removed Glaumring comment at his request.

I use Sanguis Astroism in the north as an example of what I should do in reverse in the south. Conquer territory, set up as many free realms as possible and balkanise things. The north is already deadlocked in perpetual peace and alliance where everyone answers to the church and as a result have absolutely nothing to do but sit and count gold as if it's some kind of achievement, God knows how they managed to keep any nobles when they barely do anything in years, and the only time they do anything is mass wars where they simply overwhelm their opponents by sheer numbers. Which is just boring for everyone, so we must make the south fun and interesting because that is the last free chunk of Dwilight where we can have fun.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:57:53 AM by egamma »