Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552327 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #405: October 25, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
How can people SERIOUSLY believe this crap? Aurvandil created a 3-man colony from stolen D'Haran lands, for the SPECIFIC reason of creating a buffer between Aurvandil and others (Mendicant said so many times), and Aurvandilians wonder why people (including D'Harans) don't like this new realm!?

There is no neutrality. It has been made painfully clear since the first day that the idea was mentioned that the colony wouldn't be tolerated.

How about we go form a colony in Candiels, and claim it's a neutral new polity with no instructions on whose side to be on? I'm sure Aurvandil would be delighted by this, right?

I love how out of touch you are with the situation that you think that is a fair comparison.

Firstly, Paisly isn't your capital, secondly Paisly isn't your only city, it's one of about four that you have including one stronghold that can also support a capital, thirdly as far as I am aware you weren't founded in Paisly, and fifth, Aurvandil conquered Paisly when you were too incompetent to keep the city and too proud to accept Aurvandilan food to feed it. The only real comparison you can make is to say if Evanburg was a city and we lost it due to starvation and then you make a neutral realm in it. You cannot say Candiels and act like it is a fair comparison as it is our only city, our capital, the place where we were founded and it wouldn't be a region we lose due to incompetent administration but instead through military conquest. There is a world of difference.

And of course its going to be a buffer, a two way buffer for both sides. That was the point, to make it so neither side borders the other or can directly attack each other without first making an enemy of the third party realm.

I don't expect you to like it, or even care if do, the realm was created to serve a function as far as Mendicant and Aurvandil care, a function it'll end up serving one way or another.

And yes, to DamnTaffer, I did offer to let them keep Paisly several times, once to Gornak in exchange for peace, and once to Rynn for peace, in both instances with Aurvandil having dropped all demands save for peace, and then I would again offer to hand them Paisly if D'Hara would become neutral diplomatically, and they refused, as Rynn was obviously just being slimy when he thought he could get something out of Mendicant by promising him the world, but then refusing to actually do anything to show he meant it, which became obvious weeks ago when he tried to break from the Moot and make D'Hara a  Monarchy of his own accord, failed and then blamed it all on Mendicant pretending it had been demands from Aurvandil for peace. Aurvandil couldn't trust such an obvious politician to actually be neutral whilst they are federated to one side of the war.  D'Hara can be as pissed as they like but they brought it on themselves for repeatedly refusing unconditional peace's, to actually compromise with Aurvandil and refusing Aurvandilan food when the city starved.