Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552336 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #435: October 25, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
I change my mind according to what is going on on the ground, during that war I was talking to Kabrinskia,D'Hara, Terran , Aurvandiil, Morek, Corsanctum, Barca , my own nobles, random nobles , Astrum when they deigned a reply, the Zuma and myself. Sometimes things and ideas change so fast, one minute you see 26k of Terrans going to fight 13k Kabrinskians and you formulate 20 possible outcomes, then you see that army destroyed and you are back to square one. I cannot considering holding to a strategy diplomatically if I know it will fail. During the war our strategy stayed consistant, wage a defensive war of attrition, lose lands up north that were undefendable, send out raiding parties to slowly destroy the Kabrinskian economy , fight close to Asylon. What did people think? That we would march on Astrum , sit in Golden Farrow? We werent waging that type of war, we intended to hunker down and fight Astrum, the largest economy/army in dwilight, plus Kabrinskia in close proximity and fight them into a quagmire. The strategy worked but at what cost? Asylon is poor, over 50000 people died of starvation, our army was shattered, our lands damaged, our cities ransacked. Yet we survived. I proved all the naysayers wrong, that Asylon would fold, that Itau would fall that Astrum and ilk would destroy us, all proved wrong, we learned to fight our first war in BM ever since Dwilights founding I havent fought more than monsters and we felt it was time to make trouble and have fun. I proved that Asylonian nobles are strong and we work together against all odds, so yeah you can make fun of me, call me crazy, but it takes a lot of balls to do what I did and survive.

Well I don't think anyone was making fun of you, or at least I wasn't. Simply marvelling at Glaumring being Glaumring which is always an interesting thing to observe from an outsiders perspective.