Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552871 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #60: October 10, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »
Mendicant likes the Zuma in his own weird way, don't get him wrong he considers them little more than wildlife, but they have the same sort of attitude when it comes to war. I'm half sure Aurvandil may be able to beat the Zuma, but then that presumes the Zuma can be beaten, and not just spawn new hordes nigh indefinitely. It's on my list of things to try if Aurvandil ever gets substantial peace time to build up our infrastructure, store some reserve gold and prepare for war, which we've never had. After all, Haktoo is just about the only ruler capable of standing up to Mendicant on their own and potentially slapping him down brutally, and that just adds the sort of thrill to a war Mendicant would consider worthy of him. Glory lies over the horizon, challenge it because you know you cannot reach it.

Out of curiosity, have you ever fought against a daimon army before? From the scout reports I've seen of the Zuma, I'd say two daimon lords could rip through your entire realm like a chainsaw through warm butter.

As my character would say IC: "Please let Aurvandil try to take on the Zuma!"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.