Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552309 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #720: November 22, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »
I am aware of the issues in that. Though not so long ago Terran was heading an allied army of 40,000 C.S.

Those should have been good times. I wonder why didn't they head south.

You have to understand why Lord Brackern is a little "stubborn" about this matter. Basically you're offering him some kind of consolation candy. By allowing him to decide the size of the belligerent armies you think you are giving an honourable chance to Barca to finish this war. If Barca loses, I assume you would theoretically stop the hostilities (I guess setting some favourable to Aurvandil neutrality rules, like those we've seen in the D'Haran case), and wouldn't try to invade our lands.

If Barca wins, would you sign and respect the "Treaty for expansion to unclaimed lands"? I don't think so. And by your strength you've acquired the right to change your mind whenever you want, and create exceptions to the rules set.

There's no honourable solution for Barca in this offer. Accepting means to be seen as a defeated and impotent nation pledged to the game of Aurvandil. Not accepting means to face what would probably be the invasion and maybe the destruction of all that Barcan nobles have constructed. It could be seen as an easy choice, but please don't talk about honour.

By the way you speak I would say your character is King Mendicant. It's been a nice conversation, NoblesseChevaleresque. It's late, so maybe we read each other tomorrow.

Regards.