Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552317 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #855: December 14, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »
I find it quite strange that you guys put forward the effort to draw up new maps and come up with weird philosophical ideas and all that and not check over your obviously butchered French when that's what your realm's culture is identified as, apart from having the worst diplomacy in BM. Was there seriously not a single person in Aurv who took it in high school? I think Google translate would've done an infinitely better job.

Well, we enjoy debating philosophy and chivalry and promoting those ideas, it plays an important in character function that everyone can take part in. The same cannot be said for our French, we don't use French in any real amount and we just use it for army names,  government departments, ship names, councils etc to give a feel of things I'm quite sure to use it any more, or to put much more emphasis on knowing or using French would be close to excluding the rest in the realm who don't speak French. It's the same reason why we have our councils in French, but not our realm government titles.

And I took French in Secondary School (Not GCSE level, the non optional beginner French before that), it just so happens they don't teach you any real French, just phrases and words, the alphabet, numbers, pronounciation etc. So nothing with any real application in Battlemaster. French is on my "to learn" list of languages it is however, far down on that list. It was google translate that gave us such awful French.

I'm sorry, but I think they WANT to butcher it. They don't want French, they want Mendifrench!!!  ::)

...Another reason for the total annihilation of the Aurvandil realm!  ;D

Real French isn't good enough for Mendicant. Hail to the barely understandable Mendifrench.