Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552797 times)

egamma

Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #90: October 12, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »
Incorrect, I have never broken the treaty of Evanburg. The treaty of Evanburg simply states that I am to return the townsland to Barca when they request, or at the end of the war and once the city is in a certain condition; Barca got greedy and demanded we make a certain number of recruitment centres, infrastructure and fortifications in the region before we hand it over. It's all well and good to say we broke the Treaty, but we haven't, the treaty is still in force.

Okay, you have failed to comply with the provisions of the treaty that said that you needed to build recruitment centers, etc.

And well, I didn't start the war with Terran, don't give me that wank. You know you started it when you declared war after Mendicant said "I'm making peace with Barca, don't interfere it'll escalate the war and remove the possibility of peace" and Terran said "!@#$ you we'll do what we want".  Not quite sure what your last point is, so I'll ignore it.

Terran and D'Hara declared war, but with the express stated goal of returning 3 regions, as required by the Treaty of the Marcoccidens. If that truly was your goal, then you should have simply returned the regions and been done with it.

Well, I offered amicable peace to Barca and D'Hara, and I tried to maintain peace with Terran, but Terran pretty much declared me an evil monster and after that I lost interest in speaking with them directly, and instead made strides to peace by proxy through D'Haran's PM and their Ambassador. And no, Aurvandil isn't the victim, Barca is, since they were forced to fight a war they can't fight, didn't want to fight and stood to lose everything from, which ended up in them remaining as a starving wreck begging the Zuma for aid.

By "strides for peace", you mean insisting on giving up Paisly, abandoning our republic, and abandoning our allies?

But Aurvandil hasn't purposefully wrecked the Maroccidens, we've been entirely restraint, we never wasted your cities as we did to Madina, we never devastated your rurals as we could have. We contented ourselves with fighting you on the field of battle and routing you. Don't start whining when you lose a war you started.

You knew exactly what buttons you were pressing when you declared war on Aurvandil, don't throw a bitch fit when Aurvandil slaps you down for it and tells you, you should have kept the peace like we wanted.

I don't think anyone is whining about losing. We're just correcting your facts on the forums.

Also, we didn't sack Rettleville, we didn't declare the Moot uncivilised people living in huts, we didn't break the treaty of Evanburg, stop talking bollocks and trying to act like you're the victim of anything other than your own stupidity in declaring a war you knew you couldn't win for bull!@#$ reasons in the first place. Don't try to put this on Aurvandil, we were the ones who quite strenuously petitioned D'Hara and Terran to uphold the peace, we are the ones who gave Barca a blank treaty and essentially told them to put whatever they like on it and within reason we would grant it in order to create a peace without grudges. Aurvandil is the one who offered Barca food when they starved, we offered D'Hara food when they starved, we offered them both peace when it was evident they were in no condition to continue a war. But you're upset because I didn't offer peace to Terran? Tough !@#$, you shouldn't have declared war, spammed me with hate mail and then pursued an obvious grudge for no good reason.

A treaty is a bull!@#$ reason? This is an SMA continent, and I take my treaties seriously. And your offer of peace was unacceptable--insisting on giving up Paisly, abandoning our republic, and abandoning our allies.

The reason Aurvandil never offered Terran peace, is because your government was so hideously obnoxious and vulgar to the Aurvandilan government, and both Barca and D'Hara began giving us the same story that they were being forced and manipulated into this war by certain parties in the Veinsormoot, which only leaves Terran.

Rynn may have told you that, but Gornak (me) was very much in favor of the initial declaration of war on Aurvandil, for both IC reasons (Treaty) and OOC reasons (something fun for the realm to do).

Did Aurvandil break the treaty of the Maroccidens? No, go look at the treaty and you'll find no terms were broken and the treaty is still in affect.
You're not a signatory, of course you didn't break it.

Did Aurvandil refuse to hand back three regions to Barca? No.
Did Aurvandil refuse to return Evanburg? No.
Well, you didn't give them back, did you? I offer the map as evidence.

I just utterly cannot see how you can say you did not start the war. It's ludicrous. You took three regions from Barca and refused to give them back.

And--in the interest of balance--I'd like to point out that Aurvandil did not take the regions, they received them from defecting Barcan lords.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:31:36 PM by egamma »