Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552785 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #90: October 12, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »
I never said I wanted to destroy them, but I said something to the affect of I wanted to put them into their place.

And nobody knows why I like D'Hara, it's a fairly consistent whim Mendicant has, but we like to consider D'Hara to be an example of a benevolent republic, the better of the Veinsormoot. And well, as far as D'Hara was telling me Terran did basically force them to declare war on Aurvandil, which is the same line Barca gave as well, which is why Mendicant is now convinced of the inherent corruption and oppression in the Veinsormoot.

I'd dare say that, you know, Aurvandil invading Barca without provocation is the reason why their federated allies declared war on you... Terran could never have forced D'Hara to enter a war with Aurvandil, our obligation to Barca did.

And if you "never threatened Terran with destruction", then odds are the opposite is also true. I doubt their senate voted on such a motion. Instead, even in their hateful letters I saw from them, they rather ask that you return stolen lands to their rightful owners.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:18:14 PM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron