Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 553556 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #900: December 17, 2012, 01:14:03 AM »
And since when was the world split between only two government systems, democracy and dictatorships? It's not as black and white as that, and yet you would go so far as to say I am the one who needs educating, despite the gross ignorance you've just displayed.

Since democracies exist?... if you want, we can call them democracies and non-democratic governments? ... A democracy is like a contract, you try respect it or you break it... some, but not too many greys in the middle.

What I said, were that elections are not the best means by which a people are represented (short of perhaps, direct democracy). Of course some people immediately associate anything like that with tyranny and dictatorship, 'cause obviously the only form of freedom in this world comes at the end of a vote.

mmm... yes? Obviously, the vote isn’t enough, but for sure (until reading minds are tested and approved) is a needed steep for a democratic government... 'freedom' is a wonderful word, but it mean something distinct for every person, so, in the end, it don't have any real meaning.

I'm curious, if elections aren't the best way to represent people... what it's? and how it works?