Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552975 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #930: December 17, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »
There are people who argue the same thing in the U.S. You know what we do to them? Ignore them, because they tend to be the conspiracy theorist crackpots.

I don't care for most conspiracy theories.

But people ignoring marginal opinions are the core of the problem with electoral systems. Ignoring minority opinions is the first step to ignoring minority rights and constructing a tyranny of the majority.

But to be quite honest, I have no idea what the heck I said that you can compare to conspiracy theories. Everything I stated was documented and is generally acknowledged. Corruption? There's a public inquiry going on right now that keeps putting out names. And even before that, for years we've only had scandal after scandal of it. Political profiling? Even journalists from some of the top provincial newspaper tried it out, and got arrested and harassed as soon s they put the red square on (a bit of tissue representing opposition to tuition fee hikes). Fines, arbitrary arrests, police brutality... it's all plenty documented. Look up agent "728" for just an example, a female officer that took joy in beating up protesters, peppering them for nothing, and even invaded someone's home for no reason, strangled him for merely asking what he was being arrested for, and stealing their cell phones (which she accidentally turned on, allowing one of the guy's friend to record her conversation to her superior about how she beat up these "rats" with very colorful language).

Conspiracy... it's just "business". That's what they call it. You want your firm to win a contract and get a ton of "extras", better bribe an public servant for him to approve your overpriced submission, threaten competitors, and hold events to finance the minister's campaign. This is all public knowledge. This was all confirmed in the public inquiry (though we knew since long ago).

Call people who hold marginal opinions "conspiracy theorist crackpots" if you want. But then again, you are stuck with a two-party system in which the contenders have nothing but cosmetic differences between them. Great democracy there, am I ever so envious. Hard to pity those under a one-party system when regardless of your vote you end up with basically the same policies.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron