Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552240 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #975: December 18, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »
Celtiberia counts. :P

Lost Celtiberia, regained Evanburg. A fair trade.

1. We don't have to come south. Maybe we will, but that's far from necessary. Again, you really don't get the strategy at work here, or even our objectives. But I'll leave that to IC.

2. We won the last campaign pretty solidly. Again, look at the CS chart. In fact, the whole history of the war has been one of Terran displaying a faster and bigger recovery after each campaign than Aurvandil. Maybe ya'll will turn that around this time, wouldn't surprise me, but thus far you've managed to "win" battles but lose every fighting season.

The Moot has seen uninhibited growth since the Long Winter, but Aurvandil continues to struggle.

You recover yes, but to what end? You don't march your armies, you don't fight. Aurvandil only weakens itself by marching to fight you, so what happens when we refuse? What happens when we keep the armies in our barracks, hoard our gold and prepare ourselves for a protracted siege of the Commonwealth. As you will recall, Aurvandil can reach 60,000 C.S. when we are given the time to do so.

So, either Aurvandil weakens itself in marching to fight you and wasting soldiers on campaigns, and you "recover" or we keep our forces at home, build them up to strength and then you are forced to march against us, and who then will be in the better position?

I am sure this is just the opening moves of your strategy no doubt, whilst Aurvandil wastes its strength and you bide your time however.

Well, it's not like we'd just burn our energy in this duel on swiping at you unless we were prepared for the consequences of such expenditure. I would like to see what your next move is, we only attack you because you won't attack us, after all.