Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Ruler bonus to region Morale and Loyalty

Started by Velax, October 08, 2012, 04:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velax

In the old system, a ruler's presence helped increase a region's Morale and Loyalty each sunrise. The bonus was larger in Monarchies than in Republics.

As rulers no longer receive all the region reports, I can't tell if this is still the case. Is it?

Penchant

Quote from: Velax on October 08, 2012, 04:35:27 AM
In the old system, a ruler's presence helped increase a region's Morale and Loyalty each sunrise. The bonus was larger in Monarchies than in Republics.

As rulers no longer receive all the region reports, I can't tell if this is still the case. Is it?
I don't know if it happens at all in Republics but it still does for Monarchies, give a morale and loyalty boost when the ruler is in a region of their realm.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

I have seen the report in a Monarchy in the past day or so. I have never seen the bonus in a democracy or republic. They get other types of bonuses.

Draco Tanos

Wasn't it Monarchies and Theocracies that got the leader bonuses?

vonGenf

Quote from: Draco Tanos on October 08, 2012, 06:56:31 AM

Theocracy certainly did, I'm not sure for the others.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Draco Tanos

I don't believe Republics or Democracies did at all (their bonuses are/were other types of morale things I think).  Did Tyrannies get anything?

Revan

Quote from: Draco Tanos on October 08, 2012, 10:28:49 AM
I don't believe Republics or Democracies did at all (their bonuses are/were other types of morale things I think).  Did Tyrannies get anything?

Aye, didn't Republics and Democracies get bonuses to the effectiveness of police work or some such?

Chenier

Quote from: Draco Tanos on October 08, 2012, 06:56:31 AM

Indeed.

Tyrannies might have as well, but I don't recall ever noticing it. Republics and Democracies, as others have stated, do not.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

I would have sworn that I read somewhere on the Wiki that Republics did get Ruler bonuses, but smaller ones than Monarchies received. Can anyone find the page on the Wiki that talks about the Ruler bonuses? I have been looking but can't find it.

Anaris

Quote from: Velax on October 09, 2012, 04:56:39 AM
I would have sworn that I read somewhere on the Wiki that Republics did get Ruler bonuses, but smaller ones than Monarchies received. Can anyone find the page on the Wiki that talks about the Ruler bonuses? I have been looking but can't find it.

If you did, it was completely wrong.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

Quote from: Velax on October 09, 2012, 04:56:39 AM

D'Hara works as a republic, but is really a monarchy, and as such the Prime Minister grants region stats boosts.

Maybe you are thinking of similar cases?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron