Author Topic: Looting  (Read 1927 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Looting
« Topic Start: October 09, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
Has the looting code been changed to make it harder to drive regions rogue? We've had 16,000 - 18,000 CS sitting in a region for two days pillaging and marauding, stealing food and stealing gold. Morale and Production are in the toilet, but Control and Loyalty haven't dropped below Core and Worshipful. No peasant militias have formed, whereas normally we'd get them on the first turn of looting, the second at the latest.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Looting
« Reply #1: October 09, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
If you want to drive it rogue, you're really going to have to go for the harsher options, like kill, rape, and burn.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 09, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »
So it has changed? Pillaging and marauding used to get the job done just fine. Also doesn't explain why the peasant militias aren't forming.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 10, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
So it has changed? Pillaging and marauding used to get the job done just fine. Also doesn't explain why the peasant militias aren't forming.

Indeed, I never noticed kill/rape/burn to have significantly greater effects than pillaging and marauding. Always felt like a waste when I did the former instead of the latter.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 10, 2012, 11:00:49 PM »
If you want to drive it rogue, you're really going to have to go for the harsher options, like kill, rape, and burn.
I dare you guys to do this. . . .

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 14, 2012, 05:26:31 AM »
Has anyone else noticed this? Is it an actual permanent change, or did we just happen to get unlucky this one campaign?

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 14, 2012, 04:25:57 PM »
Now that you mention it, I think we experienced this some . . . will watch for it next time we are looting.