Author Topic: Bloodmoon Fruit  (Read 9860 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodmoon Fruit
« Reply #15: October 14, 2012, 06:55:07 PM »
We have far more than one priest and secondly who says we wish to defeat SA? We merely wish to bring more texture to Dwilight.

It was a general comment.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 14, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »
A 2nd priest of ours has been attacked by an infiltrator on neutral rogue lands.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 15, 2012, 02:47:52 AM »
Why not join and find out? We have thousands thousands of peasants who follow us from northern Dwilight to its far south. As far as how many nobles we have, much less than probably all the other religions out there but i'll say its more than 10 nobles. Not just Asylonians either we have a few outsiders.

Dwilight is better with more kingdoms, it is better with more religions. Strike out into the wilds and found a faith today!

I certainly agree in general.

Kale is a Triunist, and has been for 30+ years. However, I have a lot of new things I want to do with him but I've been waiting for the storyline with Terran to conclude. It's literally been this fast, crazy, roller coaster in Terran story-wise since the outbreak of hostilities with Kabrinskia. And it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 15, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »
Anyways, back to the fruit:

Is there anything you've RPed about it that cannot be found on those three wiki pages?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 15, 2012, 02:56:51 AM »
Also, what is the difference between CoB the Guild and CoB the religion?

Because I believe there is a CoB guild house in Shokalom.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 15, 2012, 03:50:44 AM »
If there is still a COB guildhouse I would be very surprised as I had thought they all fell apart. The guildhouse was a gathering place we were a bit in fear of declaring our own faith while SA was around. Now that we do not really care we turned it into a religion like it always was supposed to be.

As for other roleplays, I have done quite a few and will look around where they are.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 15, 2012, 03:58:10 AM »
If there is still a COB guildhouse I would be very surprised as I had thought they all fell apart. The guildhouse was a gathering place we were a bit in fear of declaring our own faith while SA was around. Now that we do not really care we turned it into a religion like it always was supposed to be.

As for other roleplays, I have done quite a few and will look around where they are.

I don't recall care for the RPs themselves, but rather for details about the fruit or tree they might add, such as grown varieties, the plant's physical traits, the alternate uses, and so on.

Since the issue of the fruit has come up, and it's native to D'Hara, Machiavel will probably publish a text on it in the near future. As the RP rule goes, whoever RPs it first makes it true, so before I go making any such details up I'd like to make sure I recycle as much material as possible. I don't feel like having our characters argue over what's true or not, it's not meant to be malicious propaganda. I made a few things up already, but mostly logical things, like brain damage from abuse (stemming from the priestess' RP in prison) as I think we can all agree that hallucinogenic drugs will cause that on the short to long term.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 15, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »
The trees are like small palm trees. They have a large red or pink fruit on it. The trees have odd feeling when they are clustered in groups or orchards, you always feel like you are being watched. The Trees of the Thulsoma variety are shorter but the fruit is almost pink or bright red. The native D'Haran trees are taller and have a darker red fruit.

You can eat/chew or drink it. No smoking or injecting or snorting.

The bloodmoon fruit is based off the real life Betel nut trees of Southern Asia. Except instead of being a mild speed like high I have embellished it a bit and added the spiritual hallucination thing. I used to chew betel nut for about 10 years in Asia and use some of my own  ideas from chewing it during that time.

It dyes your mouth red and lips, a bloodmoon chewer can be found quite easily.

Secondly if anyone has seen the movie DUNE and the mentats using a juice that dyes the mouth red and whatever substance they use quickens the mind etc, I have sort of based parts of Bloodmoon fruit off of the substance in DUNE.

So basically the fruit is based off a real world culture thing and made more interesting with some fantasy elements.

I really don't mind people adding good or bad things to the lore and its effects to make it more interesting etc.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 15, 2012, 04:36:01 AM »
Well, it sure is stimulating a lot of unexpected chatter.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 15, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »
To be clear, we are talking about this plant as the base inspiration, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Areca_catechu

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 15, 2012, 04:49:47 AM »
Yes that is the tree I am talking about.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 15, 2012, 06:12:16 AM »

We have had several diffrent effects from the fruit among the nobles of Asylon and CoB, some ingest alot and feel very strong effects and when the fruiit was released to the masses feasts and chaos rampaged through the country. Others ingests just a few drops with their wine and have a more controlled "high" where they are allowed to "focus" their thoughts. So the fruits or fruitjuice are used both for recreational and cermonial use, but mostly cermonial.

CoB was/is divided on this, while Glaumring was more open to releasing the fruit to everyone, the late Lady Ven was more focused on maintaining control of the fruit, preventing chaos and distrubuting the juices from the Orchards in Asylon to thoose who could control their consumption.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 15, 2012, 07:12:15 AM »
This is why Ven was so important. Glaumring is not for control... he is for flooding the world with it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 15, 2012, 12:33:30 PM »
This is why Ven was so important. Glaumring is not for control... he is for flooding the world with it.

Yea, well, preaching in D'Haran rogue lands for a month as a rogue, especially when D'Harans are all pissed off about chunks of them being claimed by different foreign parties, is a pretty sure way to get oneself killed.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 15, 2012, 12:40:03 PM »
Please stay on topic, this is about the Fruit and not about the event that is flooding the University channels ingame.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.