Author Topic: Villains make the game fun  (Read 37942 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Villains make the game fun
« Reply #45: October 17, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 18, 2012, 12:14:39 AM »
Why do you hate me!?

You just called my character's wife a villain. What do you expect?

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 18, 2012, 03:05:15 AM »

You won't even get close to Perth. I still have to kill you for killing Katerina. Don't worry, I'll find you.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 18, 2012, 03:39:38 AM »
You won't even get close to Perth. I still have to kill you for killing Katerina. Don't worry, I'll find you.

I'll just woo the new character. Then marry her to my stepson.

I'm already close to Perth. Ask his characters on both Atamara and Dwilight.

Also, yet again that was pure suicide on Katerina's part. She had plenty of other options. Put Brom to death, marry him, etc...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: October 18, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
Gauihu was planning on rebuilding the palace of Riverholm, including facades made up of stacked human skulls, but didn't get the chance before the realm broke apart.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 18, 2012, 03:48:09 AM »

A moment of clarity and the realization that your characters are actually filled with a homo-erotic passion for mine?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 18, 2012, 04:56:44 AM »
Borus in Coria on Atamara, stole half the realm's gold under the old banking system, and got off with about 7k of our money. Tried to make himself dictator through bribery but bribed loyal Corians.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: October 18, 2012, 05:05:40 AM »
Dr. Nekhorvich: Well, Dimitri, every search for a hero must begin with something every hero needs, a villain. So in a search for our hero, Bellerophon, we have created a more effective monster: Chimera.
Every Hero need a Villain 8)

The first Villain I remember Oritolon Banker on Colonies island, Doctor Jeckyl(his player of Jeckyl username on Forum). He stole all our gold tax and flee the island. He also make us all zero income come tax day ;)

Then there is another second Villain, I recall. Hvrek Psyche. He created multi accounts to takeover our whole realm and banned half the realm nobles :o

Do all realms have something like this below on their Battlemaster Wikipedia? 8)

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Oritolon_(Realm)/Nobles#Cesspit_of_Infamy
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: October 18, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »
Funny, because I see Thain as a pretty villainous character - mainly due to my interactions with him - and Jonsu as a very well tempered and non-villainous character (even though she's marrying Sevastian.)

I will take that as a compliment of Jonsu's abilities.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

egamma

« Reply #54: October 18, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »
I will take that as a compliment of Jonsu's abilities.

I'll refrain from commenting on Jonsu.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: October 19, 2012, 04:24:31 AM »
I know he's not on Dwilight... and I guess it's ancient history by now... but I'll always remember Doc, on EC, as a particularly villanous villain.

And I'm sad Hireshmont I hasn't gotten a mention. :(
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 19, 2012, 04:27:12 AM »
For the short while my character Dimian interacted with Hireshmont, I wouldn't have considered him a villain. Perhaps I didn't know all the things he did before and after, but he seemed like a pretty typical character.  Definitely more devious and well-spoken than the rest, but nothing especially villainous.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 19, 2012, 04:28:47 AM »
In his later days, Hireshmont started to clean up his act a little more... but no, he was a villain nearly to the end. Though I was mostly more thinking of his younger days on EC.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: October 19, 2012, 04:29:25 AM »
Oh, wait, no– I know a villain!

Delvin Anaris. The most vile and conniving villain I have ever encountered in BM.

Take that Tim. You villain.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: October 19, 2012, 04:47:22 AM »
Can we talk about Dwilight villians only? I think this thread would be better in general discussion. 

Garrett Artemesia was a villian in my opinion. A man who shunned his fellow man to work with Daimons. Haruka of the Saxon Thulsoma was also a villian. There has to be more.
We live lives in beautiful lies...