Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf XI: The Thing Attacks  (Read 95752 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf XI: The Thing Attacks
« Reply #345: November 07, 2012, 06:16:05 AM »
I was going to use Ketchum to my advantage. :<
I figure that is the only reason the Thing keep me alive :-\

Just saying, that was applied quiet a bit throughout this game and it proved to not be true for all but the one you chose not to kill for being too quiet. Also, it can definently hurt as there is little being said I for instance had nothing to say/was busy but still was using my research role as it wasn't too bad. At the end I had researched but behavior which seemed pointless as I was sure the other researchers had done it already, what I needed was to research with someone else.
I am wondering if Fury can show us where we can identify the Thing from all your research notes ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #346: November 07, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
I figure that is the only reason the Thing keep me alive :-\
I am wondering if Fury can show us where we can identify the Thing from all your research notes ???
They would have been clearer but all but DK that were researchers were also the thing, worst part is I even told DK I wanted to work with him but sadly no reply though he was a secret agent, so basically no researchers who would want to help a good guy.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #347: November 07, 2012, 06:41:30 AM »
I doubt I will live with four votes against me but regardless I will try. First I would like to Vote Disturbedyang. I have been quite last night because Ketchum attacked me with bared. It hurt me a bit so I was trying to rest. I don't believe Ketchum is the thing though because he didn't transform into the thing-chances are he was just too drunk. I voted Disturbedyang because he asked me if anything happened, I told what did happen, then today he votes for me without even giving a reason which makes me think he is the thing because why else would he want me killed.
Since the game over, I can answer this question. This is because Disturbedyang receives reports from most of us that we are vomitting and feeling nauseous. Only you reply you not having same condition, so we figured out that you may be infected, instead of being contaminated. Sadly we were proven wrong when you got lynched and roles revealed.

Yes, Lefanis choked me as well that same night when I tried to choke you. Lefanis and me not transform, so many wannabe-Hulks with not enough green skin and fluid flowing in them :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

DK

• Noble Lord
  • Nothing is greater than GreaterHaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #348: November 07, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
They would have been clearer but all but DK that were researchers were also the thing, worst part is I even told DK I wanted to work with him but sadly no reply though he was a secret agent, so basically no researchers who would want to help a good guy.

I don't remember you asking to work with me, if it's in the forum, I mostly overlooked it, there's tonnes of messages, I can't remember most of it. I didn't post any research cause ALL the research was posted before I could. I did however shared some of my research undisclosed. I became an Agent only after you died  8)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #349: November 07, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
I don't remember you asking to work with me, if it's in the forum, I mostly overlooked it, there's tonnes of messages, I can't remember most of it. I didn't post any research cause ALL the research was posted before I could. I did however shared some of my research undisclosed. I became an Agent only after you died  8)
It was aPM that was also sent to Zaki, which is why I am surprised that the thing didn't kill me before I was lynched.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #350: November 07, 2012, 06:52:58 AM »
After the Zaki lynching, I was almost sure the droid was the Thing.  :o

This research made me interrogate the droid  ::)

In one case a host was either incapacitated by a pre-existing condition leading to a heart attack or it mimicked the effect well enough to fool the station doctor. In another case a host was apparently knocked unconscious from a concussive blast which meer minutes later also lead to a violent attack. It is unclear if this was a forced or planned reaction. Possibly it was intending to play dead in both cases but was forced into action by the defibrillator shocks and in the other case by an opportunity to attack a large group at once.

In another feat of reasoning a Thing destroyed a test that would have lead to its exposure and demonstrated awareness of biology and medical practice that would have exposed it. Interestingly the second time this same method was proposed as a test the Thing had seemingly preempted the idea, this is despite the Thing that arrived at the second base was spawned long before the first test was thought of and was in a non-human form. This lead to the theory of a shared consciousness between Things, especially as the 2nd sabotage was far harder to pull off covertly and while sowing seeds of misdirection it also exposed its presence.

Another interesting point is while the lack of a metal earring lead to an earlier Things exposure. It is mentioned that The Thing rejects non organic materials from it's host, hence the tooth fillings and earring missing. Conversely it could be proof of someone's humanity. This would have been more clear cut if one of the victims had been assimilated with his nose ring intact instead of killed outright.

It is not known whether the Thing is itself a technological species, whether the ship it arrived on was its own.

Put those three bolded parts together... thing might be technological. It adapts, so it's earlier problem with assimilating technology would be nerfed this time around. The droid could also count as a life form, as it had well developed level of artificial intelligence.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #351: November 07, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »

Put those three bolded parts together... thing might be technological. It adapts, so it's earlier problem with assimilating technology would be nerfed this time around. The droid could also count as a life form, as it had well developed level of artificial intelligence.

By the way, any idea who droidnapped the droid? Why the droid gone missing after DK reactivate it back? :D

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #352: November 07, 2012, 06:59:34 AM »
So... DK.

What are we going to do.

My fellow scientists have all lined you up for the next lynch, asking me if you lied about me interrogating you. Thanks to the way you worded it, it makes you seem like a liar right off the bat, as they know I scanned Ketchum yesterday, amidst the attack by the Thing against me.

So, I'm going to make you an offer you just can't refuse. I'm going to offer you a chance to become an undercover operative for Her Majesty's Government.

Think about it. I am within a day of narrowing down the Thing's identity, and I know it is one of two people I haven't scanned yet. I'll know at sunset. With you on my side, we have parity at sunset. That means a win for us at sunset tomorrow. Plus, I'll also have one of the mercenaries guard you to keep you safe from the Thing.

If you don't join me, the scientists will get together to lynch you at sunset, and even accepting the remote possibility they kill the thing by themselves, you'd be too dead to savour it.

I'm sure you are thinking also that you could rat me out to the rest of the scientists. But you have been going after me for days and days, and I just have to point to that vendetta you seem to have. Plus Ketchum vouches for the fact that I scanned him, not you yesterday  8) So don't even think about it, you wouldn't be able to pull it off. And in the time you spend trying to get me, the Thing will be free and kill some more scientists, which means you lose anyway. So its a lose-lose for you unless you join me.

Join me, and you actually get a huge chance of winning and surviving this mess. I'll also let the Nobel committee know you helped me with some research, so we can share my second Nobel prize. And of course, you get Her Majesty's hospitality, tea, scones and crumpets in delicate china, at your special debriefing at Buckingham Palace. Hell, the New Years Honors are coming up, and i might even be able to swing a lordship your way. Don't forget what a hit Agent DK might be with the ladies.  ;)

If you agree with my assessment, fire off a mail to HQ, confirming your willingness to serve Her Majesty, and we can take it from there.  8) of course, you better send that mail quick, you don't have a lot of time.

Hi Lefanis,

A few other people knows you are an Agent. I tried to be a decoy, I've known this after Sonya died. You should be protecting yourself. I assume you are the only Agent left in MI6 since you can recruit people? I don't have any grudge on you, I just want to get The Infected (previously The Thing also) and you being an Agent would interrupt the process in the long run. According to what I recall, it was yesterday that you interrogate me (OOC: you interrogate Ketchum today as the night never ended yet and plus the top message still put yesterday  :P)

Looking at this, I don't have much of a choice. I will join you but provide the neccessary information. I'm doing this to survive, FYI. How do you want to deal this? I'm more worried of you now. Velax, Ketchum and I believe a few more knows who you really are. I've been communicating with them. If you were to suddenly protect me, it also means I'm already recruited by you. But you are a smart lad and I believe joining you would put an end to this, once and for all.

I swear my life to Queen and you have my word(ACCEPT RECRUIMENT AS AGENT)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #353: November 07, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
I also asked Velax to join me again after I recruited DK. I wanted to see if he had an accomplice or not, for his action or inaction might confirm it for me. I also was hoping he wasn't the infected. Besides, I was hoping it would make him feel I didn't already have a accomplice.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #354: November 07, 2012, 07:12:19 AM »
I was considering Ketchum also for approaching for recruitment. But I was more afraid he would rat me out, and  wouldn't have been able to turn that vote my way with Velax still alive. So I went for DK, who was seen as being against me and having voted me twice. So I got someone prying information from Ketchum one side and Velax from another, while planning who to lynch based on that, and someone who could whisper ideas into Ketchums head in particular  :P

I was most afraid on the night after I survived the hunt where Ketchum protected me. I was convinced the Thing would go after me again, so I tried to get a backup while asking Disturbedyang to protect me. Richards absence that night and the lack of hunt tipped me of, as did the fact that I'd scanned pretty much everyone else. I was worried that Fury might pull another dead guy out of somewhere, but in the end went with the gut and called down the agents on Richard.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:16:27 AM by Lefanis »

Fury

« Reply #355: November 07, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »
Aha, finally the infected Thing nailed... Er, there is something wrong with the update.

The last 3 nights my Protect orders were:

Last night: Lefanis
Last 2 nights: Noone
Last 3 nights: Lefanis

Fury, I am curious is it because I protect noone that I am consider as protect him twice in a row? ???
No one is not something that can be protected. So, twice in a row doesn't count no protection nights. ;)

Scan: I did not understand it well, and thus said that I'd scan Penchant without specifying a quote. Fury says he said the truth, possibly a trolling since I did not send him anything.
Penchant only made one post at that time so I based the scan on that single post.

The only day missing is the fifth one, in which I protected Zaki (hence my death, protecting the Thing from itself  ::))
I have no idea why Zaki hunted an active D'Espana. I am starting to think Zaki doesn't read rules.  :P

This was also asked in the previous Thing game. Research can only help to tell you the method of infection not the target of infection.  ;)

Hey, look at the number of people who were hoping to have been infected?  ::)

Brings the droid quietly when everyone has disperse into the room to check if he is infected as he has been suffering the symptoms that was mentioned.
Use back all the Research information if I am infected Thing and start hunting human one by one.
...interrogate myself? Play Beiber until I can't take it anymore and transform into The Thing?
attempts transforming into the thing in privacy of his chambers

Looks like Lefanis outthunk me this time. ;D It did cross my mind but I stopped at the "rejects non organic materials" bit.

I was worried that Fury might pull another dead guy out of somewhere [...]
Well, when DK started burning bodies, the Thing had to adapt.

I thought Velax was also goner when he scanned and confirmed Zaki as the Thing but somehow Velax convinced Zaki that they were now partners. Apparently, Zaki doesn't read rules.  ::)

Zakilevo

« Reply #356: November 07, 2012, 09:13:00 AM »
Stuff
Exactly. I should have read the rules. It was my downfall!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #357: November 07, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
Exactly. I should have read the rules. It was my downfall!
I think you done pretty well. Imagine nobody willing takeup the Thing role. What exactly will happen when we are full of Researchers, Interrogators and Agents? ::)

I also asked Velax to join me again after I recruited DK. I wanted to see if he had an accomplice or not, for his action or inaction might confirm it for me. I also was hoping he wasn't the infected. Besides, I was hoping it would make him feel I didn't already have a accomplice.
I still dont understand why Velax the Agent does not recruit. Perhaps he likes to solo just like Ethan Hunt from IMF 8)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #358: November 07, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
Hahah, Velax did try to recruit me but it was too late as he only tried to recruit me after I lead the first vote on Zaki. I did try to contact him thereafter but he just went missing/inactive. And also, Richard if you would had been more active and reply our messages, i probably wouldn't give up on the search - as reading the previous game, it seems to me that Fury might pull another prank. :p

And lefanis, we knew you were agent because Velax were trying to get me on his side, hence it was way before when Zaki got lynched. And DK it was just pure guts u were with one of the agents. But your way of voting certainly doesn't help - hence the reason i wanted to get you off from the start of the game. :p

And sorry guys, i did say however if Penchant is not the one, we are pretty much screwed. It's hard to fight the agent especially the fact that they can recruit if they are the last one standing. With Penchant lynched we are left with only 6 of us, and most likely at most 3 of them are agents. That is why i took the chance to try to lynch the agents out before fighting the Thing hoping that both sides of the agents haven't recruited, but of course, DK has to betray us. :p Otherwise, it would be 4 of us and it would make things much more easier for us to get the Thing.

I don't know why Ketchum voted against me though. How did DK psycho you to vote against your most trusted ally since the start of the game? Hahha. Sorry i lied to you from the start though. I was never a psychologist. I had to lied to get someone on my side early on and Fury played along with me. :p

Fury

« Reply #359: November 07, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
The ROLES

Welcome to Thule Station

As per your contract, you are to protect the inhabitants of the station at all cost. The station harbours a very dangerous creature. Under no circumstances are you to let it escape. You have also been assigned a partner. You may find the identity of your partner at the Management office.

The Management

You are a Mercenary / Psychologist

You have one special ability that can be used anytime whenever your identity as the Thing has been uncovered.

You are The Thing / Researcher

MEMO from Thule Station

Gather as much data as you can from the Thing. Do well, and your name will be submitted for the Nobel Prize shortlist.

The Management

You are a Researcher / Escape Artist

Agent:

Infiltrate Thule Station. Identify the Thing and call in our Black Ops. DO NOT FAIL. Eliminate or turn all other opposing agents.

KGB

You are a Secret Government Agent / Interrogator

Agent:

Infiltrate Thule Station. Identify the Thing and call in our Black Ops. SKYFALL. Eliminate or turn all other opposing agents.

MI6

Agent:

Your mission, should you choose to accept: Infiltrate Thule Station. Identify the Thing and call in our Black Ops. Eliminate or turn all other opposing agents.

IMF

Welcome to Thule Station. As part of our security protocol we wish you to run a background check on all our employees. Most importantly, is the security of Thing that is currently under our guard. However, should the Thing escape, all scientists together with the aid of our hired mercenaries are to destroy the Thing. We wish you a pleasant employment with us.

The Management

You are a Psychologist / Escape Artist