Author Topic: OG/Sint: WTF?!  (Read 19412 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: OG/Sint: WTF?!
« Reply #30: October 26, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »
When it's a matter of survival?

It was a matter of survival during the 3d invasion when Sint and the Netherworld warred OG. OG just wanted to defeat Fronen, it's survival wasn't threatened until they allied with Sint.

After all, Thalmarkin and BK betrayed OG (because they wanted land, but we'll pretend their 'SINT BAD!' argument was valid, even though an alliance with Sint wouldn't have been necessary if they honored their alliances and their own histories and sided with OG against Fronen), not leaving much of an option otherwise.

Thalmarkin honoured it's alliance. BK was never allied with OG but with Fronen in stead so they actually honoured their alliance too. OG's other ally was Melhed, so no surprises there that they didn't rush to our aid.
Anyway, Thalmarkin wasn't that strong and OG made the worst military decisions I've ever seen. In the trend of "Run with your head into the wall long enough and maybe it'll crack!". Of course, the wall didn't crack first.
So you can hardly blame OG for looking for stronger allies to defeat Fronen and you can't blame Thalmarkin for refusing to associate with Sint so soon after the third invasion. There was of course another option, suggested by Fronen (those were the days they didn't have terribly incompetent rulers), to end the war, allowing Fronen to have yipin and Vore and all joining together against Sint. Which OG refused and then went on to buddy up to Sint in stead against the wishes of it's allies, which was when I took my knights to Thalmarkin and ended up raiding Ossmat and playing an elemental part in the conquest of Vatrona. Hoping to maybe refound Ashborn, but that obviously didn't work. :)

Sint was founded before I started playing. I vaguely remember that time on BT. That was back when Lorgan, then-ruler of OG, sent OG into several wars just for the fun of it.

War=fun. More war=more fun. :)