Author Topic: OG/Sint: WTF?!  (Read 19210 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: OG/Sint: WTF?!
« Reply #30: October 27, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
And I enjoyed torturing and/or executing every enemy that ended up in my dugneons too, Lorgan.  Was always sad you didn't end up there. :(
Though I tended to show Thalmarkians a bit more mercy than I did Fronenites...  But you were enemy number one for your backstabbing of OG.

Hehe. I had a 1K bounty on me too in those days. ;)

Now, you know, I've heard conflicting stories.  From YOU before and others.  "Sint and the Netherworld warred OG."  For the longest time we were told Netherworld was the one attacking us and Sint just gobbled up the rogues.  Now you're claiming they BOTH attacked us?

You're right. Sint didn't actually war Old Grehk but they were at war with us in factuality, it was just the daimons doing the fighting for them. Peace was negotiated with Sint, not with the daimons. Also, I'm 99% sure that Sint did march against Ashborn on the side of the daimons.
Oh and let's not forget that's not the only time they marched together. I remember being in a rogue Gethsemene when Sint marched in to take it, their daimon-god Hastur at the head.

So anyway, they didn't directly attack us but that doesn't mean they're not to blame for the attack.

You claim Thalmarkin honored its alliance, but never once did they send soldiers to aid us.

Thalmarkin did send soldiers but I don't think it was ever higher than 6-7k CS. Mindlessly attacking Yipinalke over and over again is of course not the best motivation to return though.
Not to take all the credit here, but Thalmarkin really was in a deplorable state when I joined. No nobles, no decent RCs, constant monster and undead spawnings in the badlands. It took a little work to turn it around. The nobles I took with me helped of course but also we chose to let a few of the unmanageable badlands go rogue, organized the army better, organized funding better... all the things that nobody'd let me do in OG. :)
Thalmarkin was far from the powerhouse it was during the recent invasion and while they did help OG, they indeed didn't do much and they did so reluctantly since they wanted that idiotic war (as you know, Zog declared it without any preparation or even telling our nobles, I highly doubt he talked to our allies about it) to be over so a real war, against Sint, could be fought. A wish I of course strongly encouraged in my many correspondences with Northern rulers. :)

They were too busy pushing "Give Fronen everything they want and let's go attack Sint instead!"  Yeah, sure sounded like they were on our side.

Not everything, we could've kept Vozzessdor that way. And not just because I wouldn't have left with it then. :)

BK?  Well, they owed their very existence to OG.  We're the ones that always gave them a hand when they needed it.  Yes, I consider that a betrayal.

I suppose. I don't really remember that though.