Author Topic: OG/Sint: WTF?!  (Read 20159 times)

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: OG/Sint: WTF?!
« Reply #45: October 29, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Regarding Riombara:
We haven't been a powerhouse. Throughout the invasion there were realms with higher CS (sometimes considerably higher) than Riombara. We just utilised what we had very effectively. So 'powerhouse' is a nice compliment but not quite true.

As to number of daimonlords: We had several visiting us during and after the heavy allied fighting in Enweil. One tore through all our lands from Fwuvoghor in the north via Grehk and out twoards the west /while/ our full army was fighting near Fengen. We lost around 15000 peasants that way. And while it is true that we only had to confront one single daimon lord after north and south were sundered, he did command the single strongest army after Overlord...he did destroy IVF, Enweil and near all of Rio with that single army. And we had to confront him alone, with an economic base of a third of Thalmarkin, OG and Melhed combined. And confront him at distances that meant marching across half a continent, then fight him as one cohesive army in the beginning.

I think the best way to look at things is to judge economic base, then achievements in relation to that base. Thalmarkin certainly scores very, very high in that regard - and I loved their unconditional, suicidal taunting of Overlord. Sint did well in the beginning, marching at least one army south to aid Enweil and fighting will in that theater...however, after that...well. Melhed was invisible at the beginning but did certainly get going near the middle - it is a shame they were so unlucky in their battles...with a bit more luck on their part Beluaterra would have most of Enweil, a good part of Fronen and a land bridge between Fwuvoghor and the center still above water. I do not remember the exact details, but OG did fight staunchly in most battles in the north if I recall correctly.