Author Topic: Winter comes again!  (Read 16799 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Winter comes again!
« Reply #45: October 15, 2012, 09:18:25 PM »
I stockpiled something like 900 bushels in Mech Derris during Autumn. Most of it went to Golden Farrow, but I still ended up with a decent store.

I think one of the consequences of the Long Winter is that now I'm much more paranoid at keeping a fat, fat reserve of food. :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 15, 2012, 11:42:28 PM »
I stockpiled something like 900 bushels in Mech Derris during Autumn. Most of it went to Golden Farrow, but I still ended up with a decent store.

I think one of the consequences of the Long Winter is that now I'm much more paranoid at keeping a fat, fat reserve of food. :D

You think *you* are paranoid? How do you think D'Haran dukes are when it comes to food? :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 16, 2012, 01:54:14 AM »
at the beginning of winter I had over 2000 bushels. Still have enough to last about 70 days. Yeah, we are paranoid.
Forbes Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 16, 2012, 02:27:49 AM »
at the beginning of winter I had over 2000 bushels. Still have enough to last about 70 days. Yeah, we are paranoid.

I remember back when we could start to build more warehouses... we were all like "MUST... BUILD... MOAR... WAREHOUSES..."
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #49: October 16, 2012, 02:57:39 AM »
I remember back when we could start to build more warehouses... we were all like "MUST... BUILD... MOAR... WAREHOUSES..."

Those were good times, when we had 70+ days of food stored, about 20,000 bushels.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 16, 2012, 03:13:02 AM »
Those were good times, when we had 70+ days of food stored, about 20,000 bushels.

Glorious. :D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 16, 2012, 04:18:52 AM »
I shudder to think of how much we lost in rot...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #52: October 16, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
I shudder to think of how much we lost in rot...

That was before rot, mostly.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: October 17, 2012, 12:20:54 AM »
That was before rot, mostly.

And we had the infrastructure in place to maintain most of it.