Author Topic: OOC Accusations of cheating on the Forum  (Read 15529 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Accusations of cheating on the Forum
« Topic Start: October 19, 2012, 06:42:15 AM »
My reaction to what Solari said about the D'haran refugees occurred after the second time he spat out an accusation. For me, the reason I was angered by this was not only by the fact that he made a blanketed accusation that fell upon myself and 4 other people (That I know of) of cheating. But also for his downplaying of it and continued provocation after the first accusation. In his response to me asking if I was done embarrassing myself, he stated, after the blanketed accusations, that it was only one person he was accusing. Yet the first accusation directed at the D'haran refugees was "You mean the OOC friends and cheaters?" If it were one person he was accusing it would have been written like this "You mean the multi-account cheater?" The second accusation was "They're buying what they're selling." The second accusation was vague but still implies that we were cheating and that there were multiple cheaters. So it was many at first and then one after he was called out?

This is useful information.

---

My follow up question, then, is this– you state that you and 4 others are accused of cheating. I do not know the background here– are you the nobles that, as I understand it, were OOC banned from Solaria? Or were you IC banned?

Clearly he is downplaying his accusations because he was trying to sway OOC and IC opinion of D'hara and its players for his IC gains. Just read the threads, it's very obvious because there could be no other motivation behind the accusations, unless its stupidity, and one thing Aaron is not, is stupid. We've all seen his propaganda on the forums, but this time he stepped it up. Regardless of his response to me, he threw out a blanketed comment that accused many people of cheating, twice. Then he responded like he was above the rules and in an extremely smug way. It should be noted the first accusation was in response to a discussion about the D'haran refugees.

As for the multicheater, I was unaware of it and according to him it makes me wrong for being angry with him but his accusations were blanketed and targeted many. I had every right to be angry with him, even if I was wrong after the fact, he still accused me and others of cheating, even if he worded it wrong.

I've said my piece, I will let you come to your own conclusions. Thank you for hearing me out.

This is an example of useless information. I have opted not to moderate it away in the interest of leaving a "case study" of useless and provocative material which should not have been posted.

Magistrates don't ask questions because we want lawyers to represent the arguments; we have some pretty significant difference of opinion within the Magistrates. We ask questions because we want facts. Please, all commenters, stick to the facts– the Magistrates will debate questions about jurisdiction and precedent and such internally, as we always do; and imputations of intent, positive or negative, are practically irrelevant.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner