Author Topic: OOC Accusations of cheating on the Forum  (Read 14620 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: OOC Accusations of cheating on the Forum
« Topic Start: October 19, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »
I think it is important to provide Solari's original remark, in context:

Quote from: Solari
Quote from: Chénier
Civilized isn't what all of those Solarian exiles would describe the Lurias as.

You mean the cheaters and OOC buddies? I can't imagine why they'd have a poor opinion of us. :'(

As Chénier says, this statement is not clear. However, from the wording of both posts, it seems something of a stretch to claim that Solari was referring to all Solarian exiles as cheaters. For one thing, his post makes a distinction between "cheaters" and "OOC buddies". For another, by the wording of Chénier's post that he was replying to, the strong implication was that some of the Solarian exiles would not describe the Lurias as civilized, and thus only some would be among those that Solari was referring to.

I do not see what Chénier describes as a "generalization...defamatory to these people"—at least, not unless someone deliberately chooses to see themselves as being among the group described by Solari.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan