Author Topic: Infiltrator Help  (Read 12234 times)

jamiebarrington

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Infiltrator Help
« Topic Start: October 19, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new to this game so don't know too much yet lol  :-\

Does anyone know what stats you need to be able to change class to infiltrator or roughly?

Also does anyone have any tips after you become a infiltrator?

Thanks alot :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Infiltrator Help
« Reply #1: October 19, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new to this game so don't know too much yet lol  :-\

Does anyone know what stats you need to be able to change class to infiltrator or roughly?

Used to be 50 honour and 20 prestige. I suspect it's still the same requirements. Oh, and a month in realm, I believe.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: October 19, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
40h 10p ;)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: October 19, 2012, 09:48:24 PM »
Official: 40h 5p.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: October 19, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »

egamma

« Reply #5: October 19, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »
Updated: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Class#Infiltrator

Indirik, can you provide the requirements for the other classes?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: October 19, 2012, 11:59:44 PM »
It changed again? :o

Um... if you mean it might've changed before 2009, then yes.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: October 20, 2012, 12:01:14 AM »
Um... if you mean it might've changed before 2009, then yes.

:o Hmm I always thought it required 10 prestige for some reason...

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 20, 2012, 12:38:03 AM »
why do you need honor and prestige to be an infiltrator?  I need to be nice and noble before I can be underhanded and lie?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: October 20, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »
why do you need honor and prestige to be an infiltrator?  I need to be nice and noble before I can be underhanded and lie?

You need to be nice and noble before you can mask your infiltrator actions with ease.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 20, 2012, 12:41:31 AM »
You need to be nice and noble before you can mask your infiltrator actions with ease.

ah ok, that makes sense - you have basically have to earn the trust of others and lull them into a false sense of security so they wouldn't think you would do that...

egamma

« Reply #11: October 20, 2012, 03:05:03 AM »
ah ok, that makes sense - you have basically have to earn the trust of others and lull them into a false sense of security so they wouldn't think you would do that...

Right. Also, you need to earn the trust of your realm-mates before they will sponsor your training.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 20, 2012, 04:35:52 AM »

Becoming an infiltrator will be slow and boring, after you change your class to infiltrator as you need to spend a long time at the academy. I recommend speaking with some high ranking members to get financial support as it will cost a lot to do all the academy work. The infiltrator class can be quite fun once you are trained but while you are training it will be quite boring so if you aren't planning on making a second noble soon, when your character starts training I recommend creating a second noble. Also, when making another noble I strongly suggest not making that character in the same island, and if you insist on that, not the same realm. If your current character is not on Dwilight, I recommend making your next one their as there is a lot going on there all over the island.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 20, 2012, 05:42:04 AM »
Play within your skill levels. As a newbie infiltrator, don't go around trying to collect the highest bounties. Train your skills at every opportunity. When you do start doing things, start small so you can get a feel for your skills. Expect to get caught and banned. Make sure you have a good defense ready prior to getting caught that first time. You *may* be able to talk your way out of it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: October 20, 2012, 07:20:45 AM »
Play within your skill levels. As a newbie infiltrator, don't go around trying to collect the highest bounties. Train your skills at every opportunity. When you do start doing things, start small so you can get a feel for your skills. Expect to get caught and banned. Make sure you have a good defense ready prior to getting caught that first time. You *may* be able to talk your way out of it.

Still... you should ask someone to fund you so you can at least get 40% swordfighting and 40% infiltration before you do anything. Try counting coins maybe instead of actually stealing the gold ;)