Author Topic: Retaking Sponsorship  (Read 4454 times)

Chaotrance13

Retaking Sponsorship
« Topic Start: October 21, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
The sponsor of the Army I'm in has paused due to inactivity. I'm currently the Lord of the army's home region, as well as being the Duke of the duchy as a whole but I cannot find any option to assign myself as the new sponsor. Is there any way for me to do so?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Retaking Sponsorship
« Reply #1: October 21, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »
The ruler is now sponsor. Since you're Lord of the army's homeregion however, he can transfer the sponsorship to you.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 21, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »
As Lorgan says, the current sponsor of an army is able to transfer sponsorship to the lord of the army's home region.

There is no function to "reclaim sponsorship". If you lose it, then it belongs to someone else.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #3: October 21, 2012, 09:16:37 PM »
I'm the ruler and such a thing doesn't appear for me.  Simply the other Army I sponsor.  Would that be due to me being a priest?  Or is it a bug?  Or do I just have to be in the capital to deal with it?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 21, 2012, 09:28:42 PM »
The option to transfer is listed on the far right side of the army sponsorship page. (The same screen where you have links to change marshal, add funds, etc.) If you are the sponsor of an army, and you are NOT the lord of the army's home region, there should be a Transfer link. The option only appears if you are not the lord of the home region, and it will only transfer to the lord of that region. It is not a general "transfer to someone else" option.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #5: October 21, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
Armies you are sponsoring
Banner   Name   Marshal   Vice-Marshal(*)   Knights   War Chest   Home Region   actions
   Royal Guard of Westmoor   Edward Anthony   Cassandra   X   X gold   Poitiers   dissolve
change banner   rename army   new marshal   new vice-marshal   details   add funds   transfer
(*) a secondary marshal who can take command of the army in battle if the marshal is unavailable.

The only army that shows up.  Which was the one I created.  Hence I am asking:  Do I need to be in that region to get the option for that army?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 21, 2012, 09:51:22 PM »
No.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 21, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
What is the name of the army that appears to be without a sponsor?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #8: October 21, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »
Westmoorian Column

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 21, 2012, 11:40:19 PM »
Westmoorian Column

That army now has no sponsor.

I'm not sure how that happened, as I don't think it's supposed to be able to happen.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #10: October 22, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »
Yeah, I noticed from the "-" in the sponsor column.  Hence why I was wondering if I had to go to the capital to correct it as ruler since it's not "my" army, so I thought perhaps from there I could assign it to the new du...  Ooh.  Would that be possibly what broke it?  The new (well, new-ish at this point) Duke/Margrave thing?

Chaotrance13

« Reply #11: October 22, 2012, 01:03:41 AM »
Hmm. So the question is, what do we do to fix the situation? To my mind there are two solutions (as well as fixing any potential bugs). First is to manually update it somehow, second is to reform the army.

Edit: Though that said, I've been informed that the army may self-dissolve if it doesn't have a sponsor within 24-48 hours or so.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:06:15 AM by Ravier »

egamma

« Reply #12: October 22, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »
Yeah, I noticed from the "-" in the sponsor column.  Hence why I was wondering if I had to go to the capital to correct it as ruler since it's not "my" army, so I thought perhaps from there I could assign it to the new du...  Ooh.  Would that be possibly what broke it?  The new (well, new-ish at this point) Duke/Margrave thing?

I doubt it; sponsorship should transfer to the lord of the home region, it has never transferred to a duke.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #13: October 22, 2012, 06:19:06 AM »
The army was sponsored by the Lord of Westmoor City, which is why I was wondering.

egamma

« Reply #14: October 22, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
The army was sponsored by the Lord of Westmoor City, which is why I was wondering.

I think sponsorship stays with him, even if his character pauses. It's only when the character leaves the realm that the army transfers to the ruler. And, if there is no ruler, it transfers to the general, and if there is no general, it transfers to the judge, and if there is no judge, it transfers to the banker.