Author Topic: Getting Honour and Prestige as a priest  (Read 14772 times)

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
Getting Honour and Prestige as a priest
« Topic Start: April 04, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
How can a priest get Honour and Prestige?

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Getting Honour and Prestige as a priest
« Reply #1: April 04, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »
1. Become a lord/duke/judge.

2. If lord/duke/judge: Hold court.

3. If lord/duke: Found new guilds.

Otherwise, for only prestige gains:

Get unique items.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 04, 2011, 04:51:29 PM »
don't you need honour and prestige before becoming a lord?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: April 04, 2011, 04:58:07 PM »
Judge: 10p

Duke: 3p

Lord: Probably no reqs.

I don't think there are any honour reqs but even the lowest noble starts at about 7h.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4: April 05, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
I think priest should be able to get honour and prestige though preaching. Preaching the word of your god earns you the respect of your peers, doesn't it? So why does it not elevate you status, i.e. bring you prestige (and honour)?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 05, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
Judge: 10p

Duke: 3p

Lord: Probably no reqs.

I don't think there are any honour reqs but even the lowest noble starts at about 7h.

Not true. Lords need 5P to get appointed. So I assume Dukes need at least that, probably more.

You can run in lordship elections with just 1P, but thats only good in republics and democracies.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 05, 2011, 10:06:04 PM »
I think priest should be able to get honour and prestige though preaching. Preaching the word of your god earns you the respect of your peers, doesn't it? So why does it not elevate you status, i.e. bring you prestige (and honour)?

Because you're preaching to commoners?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 06, 2011, 12:23:52 AM »
Priest choose to separate themselves from the material world of prestige and such for the quite insane reason of preaching salvation and whatnot to the unwashed rabble. While the noble members of the religion *might* see merit in that, they would still think the priest was rather odd in most cases. Perhaps there are actions other then preaching that should provide a chance of prestige gain, but then like I said it appears the priest game is supposed to be separate from the prestige/honour system in most cases.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8: April 06, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
Because you're preaching to commoners?
Through holding courts, you judge commoners, right?

Priest choose to separate themselves from the material world of prestige and such for the quite insane reason of preaching salvation and whatnot to the unwashed rabble. While the noble members of the religion *might* see merit in that, they would still think the priest was rather odd in most cases. Perhaps there are actions other then preaching that should provide a chance of prestige gain, but then like I said it appears the priest game is supposed to be separate from the prestige/honour system in most cases.
This is not a situation that applies to myself, but nowadays priest can become judges. And as a judge you might require to punish others. Which will drain your h/p. Something you can not gain back, or you must be holding courts day in day out, but as priest I can also understand that you have other responsibilities, such as preaching. And the reputation of a priest can still be expressed in h/p. And prestige remains important to every noble.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: April 06, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »
Not true. Lords need 5P to get appointed. So I assume Dukes need at least that, probably more.

You can run in lordship elections with just 1P, but thats only good in republics and democracies.

No way...I once couldn't appoint a duke because he needed 3P.

I never had the thing where 5P for a rural lord. I think I got one once with 2P or something on Garret in Ohnar.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 06, 2011, 01:20:19 AM »
Through holding courts, you judge commoners, right?
Through holding court you do your Duty as a region lord, recognised by other nobles. There is not an equivalent noble duty for priest. Also courts might not be for peasants, they could just as easily be for the disputes of the minor nobility.

This is not a situation that applies to myself, but nowadays priest can become judges. And as a judge you might require to punish others. Which will drain your h/p. Something you can not gain back, or you must be holding courts day in day out, but as priest I can also understand that you have other responsibilities, such as preaching. And the reputation of a priest can still be expressed in h/p. And prestige remains important to every noble.

It is their choice to be both a priest and a Judge with all the limitations that class brings to the position. I see no reason to change that.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:30:17 AM by De-Legro »

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 24, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »
So, the only option to get prestige is through unique items? Because According to the last time somebody wanted to make my a lord, I hadn't have enough prestige and honour.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 24, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
So, the only option to get prestige is through unique items? Because According to the last time somebody wanted to make my a lord, I hadn't have enough prestige and honour.

Or through sub class actions I would think.

Aldwoni

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 24, 2012, 12:40:12 PM »
but for for most if not all you need honour and prestige :(

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 24, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »
but for for most if not all you need honour and prestige :(

Then if being a Lord is that important to you, I suggest you may have to pick a character class that your Peers find to be worthy of honour and prestige.