Author Topic: New Message System  (Read 15027 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New Message System
« Reply #15: November 01, 2012, 11:32:20 PM »
No

I have problems with this.

To some extent, at least, I am conceptually against taking away messages from people who have had access to them, especially when they were the ones they were originally sent to (ie, they were full members of the channel at the time the messages were sent, as opposed to simply gaining access to the messages after the fact).

I believe we should find some way to avoid this situation. I'm more than willing to help work out something that can fit within the framework of the new message system, but I am strongly against the idea that conceptual purity—in this case, adhering strictly to the notion that a message belongs solely to a channel, and not to a recipient—should take precedence over utility. (Or, for that matter, realism/common sense. What exactly happens when Ruler A steps down and Ruler B takes his place? He's forced at swordpoint to hand over all the ruler channel messages to Ruler B, and his possessions searched for illicit copies??)

As do I.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron