Author Topic: Cavalier vs Knight DIfferences and background info  (Read 26233 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
I am referring to the Cavalier class, according to the Manual:

Cavalier
"A noble fighter, a knight of the realm. Cavaliers are highly respected knights who subscribe even more to the life of a nobleman."
Cavaliers could be considered the advanced version of soldiers. In return for being knighted, by swearing fealty to a liege, one is able to become a cavalier.

For traduction purpose Cavalier is the French Translation of Chevalier (eng).
According to Title, they both means Knight.
According to Profession Cavalier could be a mounted warrior, but still they are knights

I have been translating the manual without problems until now, if you check the Cavalier description, it can be confusing, for example:

"A noble fighter, a knight of the realm. Cavaliers are highly respected knights who subscribe even more to the life of a nobleman."
Cavaliers could be considered the advanced version of soldiers. In return for being knighted, by swearing fealty to a liege, one is able to become a cavalier."

These are the confusing points, in some parts i understand that Cavaliers (on BM of course) are the real Nobles. so i searched for internet and i found all road taking me to Knights.

So if you are a knight, is understable that your first profession should be Warrior/Soldier.
But having a Second profession as Cavalier is confusing because you already have the Title and/or the new Subclass could be Cavalryman.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:58:59 PM by Sonya »