Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 282736 times)

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #375: September 15, 2011, 09:39:51 PM »
He just started a new character in Barca.   ;) Haven't heard from him yet though.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #376: September 15, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »
He just started a new character in Barca.   ;) Haven't heard from him yet though.

good news, hes still playing the game :)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #377: September 16, 2011, 02:10:10 AM »
Also he wasn't executed, he was tortured to death. Outlaws are always tortured to death according to game mechanics it would seem.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:43:36 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #378: September 16, 2011, 02:34:36 AM »
I don't think this will help promoting the game and gain more players...

Ok, so let me get this straight. I play the game for my fun and entertainment.. but I have to play nice to new players in order to promote the game?
BULL!@#$!

Im gonna play my characters whatever way I like. His character was warned of the consequences. His death = his fault.

Or what about your character?
Who attacked Madina city (and obviously failed), ended up in Madinan prison and was then released in mercy even though he refused to apologies, to find him lieying about joining us just to join the frickin rebels?
Yeah, he was whining about not being treated well, in other words, he was quistioned on his attack in Madina city, which made him join aurvendil, but you do get that you kind of pissed off several MAdinans now.

Well played though... you fooled Abbot and you slightly changed his character by doing so.
He used to be so merciful, in doubt he won't any longer now.
you got him pretty frustrated.

Well the thing about that is, I planned on joining Madina on my travel down there, really I did. But I managed to forget to pay my men for a longggg time and 9 fled with 250 of my gold. In fact all of my gold. So the rest of my unit started leaving, too, until there were two left. With no option to disband them, pay them, or change to evade settings, I was forced to attack the city... and end up in prison.

And I highly doubt there are any spies in Madina. Why? Because I myself offered to spy for Aurvandil but was declined by their ruler, who told Hyperion that joining Aurvandil would do more good than spy for them. Anyways, there were some old Caerwynites who already had it out for me, what's a few more Madinans? Maybe Hyperion's goal should be to top the bounty board XD!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #379: September 16, 2011, 02:38:48 AM »
Ok, so let me get this straight. I play the game for my fun and entertainment.. but I have to play nice to new players in order to promote the game?
BULL!@#$!

Im gonna play my characters whatever way I like. His character was warned of the consequences. His death = his fault.

It's long been etiquette to release new players and treat them more leniently than those who have played a long time, precisely for the goal of ensuring they remain in the game.

I don't think it's changed either - be nice to newbies, it's the older players we treat like crap :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #380: September 16, 2011, 02:42:37 AM »
BULL!@#$!

Well the thing about that is, I planned on joining Madina on my travel down there, really I did. But I managed to forget to pay my men for a longggg time and 9 fled with 250 of my gold. In fact all of my gold. So the rest of my unit started leaving, too, until there were two left. With no option to disband them, pay them, or change to evade settings, I was forced to attack the city... and end up in prison.

And I highly doubt there are any spies in Madina. Why? Because I myself offered to spy for Aurvandil but was declined by their ruler, who told Hyperion that joining Aurvandil would do more good than spy for them. Anyways, there were some old Caerwynites who already had it out for me, what's a few more Madinans? Maybe Hyperion's goal should be to top the bounty board XD!

Your are playing a social game, which specifically says to play the game as you would with friends over a board game. If making allowances for other people goes against your idea of having fun, I suggest you review your social skills, or just go play a single player game.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #381: September 16, 2011, 04:24:10 AM »
BULL!@#$!

You don't HAVE to.

You don't HAVE to be a dick, either.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #382: September 16, 2011, 06:55:13 AM »
You don't HAVE to.

You don't HAVE to be a dick, either.

DING DING DING!

We have a winner.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #383: September 16, 2011, 07:31:32 AM »
BULL!@#$!

great logic, i like it.
So if i rob a local store and fail and get caught and tell them it happened on acident, i get released and pardoned?

Or if I test drive a bmw and drive it straight threw the car dealers show room, it's all ok because i don't know how to drive a car in the first place?

I'd really love to live in your world! :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #384: September 16, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »
great logic, i like it.
So if i rob a local store and fail and get caught and tell them it happened on acident, i get released and pardoned?

Or if I test drive a bmw and drive it straight threw the car dealers show room, it's all ok because i don't know how to drive a car in the first place?

I'd really love to live in your world! :P

Its the internet, isn't it a internationally protected right to act like a complete dick head on the Internet and pretend it is somehow held to different standards then those you would follow in face to face situations. I guess the fact that you are less likely to get punched in the face allows people to vent their inner jerk in relative safety. Perhaps that is the truth, the Internet reveals how people would actually behave when the chance of consequences is mostly removed.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #385: September 16, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »
the Internet reveals how people would actually behave when the chance of consequences is mostly removed.

thus showing, who they truly are.
still we can put people on there spot when they act like a jerk, perhaps not as effective as in reality... but still :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386: September 16, 2011, 04:17:02 PM »
His character was warned of the consequences. His death = his fault.
"It's not my fault! I didn't want to do it. I warned you what would happen. But you went and did it anyway. I had no choice. You made me do it.  It's your fault!"

Seriously, I get the whole "keep it IC, and do what your character would do", but you occasionally need to temper your actions to keep the game fun for everyone. Consider it a challenge to find some way to let the guy live.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #387: September 16, 2011, 04:26:05 PM »
It is of course very important to treat new players differently, much more in a way where you guide them and teach them how to properly play the game. However, I think that this whole incident where new players character has been executed will have a much different effect than most people think. I don't think he will be discouraged to play the game, but in fact encouraged. I mean...if someone tortured my char to death it would certainly give me a plenty of motives to continue playing the game and cutting off the head of that bastardly executor! Since this player already made a new character in Barca, I think he is on the right path for retribution. There is no greater motive that a fueling desire for vengeance. The death of his character has in fact drawn him into the plot very nicely, as probably he usually would not care that much.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #388: September 16, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »
While I agree with being more leniant with newbs, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be accountable for their actions in any ways. It's a learning experience after all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #389: September 16, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
I believe the nobles of Madina should think again when judging Aurvandil for executing a new player's character.

The noble still received messages after his death and before he was buried, this was his reaction:
"So I read through the scores of letters where the Madina nobles mocked him and laughed and rejoiced at his death."

That indicates to me that also little effort was made on Madina's part to help him understand the game mechanisms. And to mock a newbie for his ignorance is just a wrong as executing him.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar