Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275121 times)

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #165: July 20, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »
I can see that going on for a few pages :-p

+99 I guess :p

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #166: July 20, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
Tough to get in game discussions going.

Always feel free to bring it here though, or message us OOC.

Problem is if we're doing something wrong, most people don't TELL us. -.-

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: July 20, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
That's cuz you're doing it WRONG!
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Jim

« Reply #168: July 21, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
I can't wait to introduce some of my character's vices and virtues, he's already been called an idiot. That made me so happy.

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: July 21, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
lol who called you in idiot ;) ?

Jim

« Reply #170: July 21, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
One of the younger knights, he was reacting to my introduction roleplay.

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: July 21, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »
I thought that was a good RP, some good humor in that one "captain Sparrow"...eee...I mean knight :P

Jim

« Reply #172: July 21, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
Thank you, I wasn't trying to go for a Jack Sparrow or anything like that but Travio has the personality of a Conquistador, or he will eventually. I'm guessing he will fit in well with nobility but I think priests and nobles that care for the peasants will loath him with a passion. It's funny because his older brother is actually friends with a couple of commoners and treats them well, where Travio will be exploiting the peasants for his own personal gain.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #173: July 22, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Travio will be exploiting the peasants for his own personal gain.

isn't that what there for?
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Jim

« Reply #174: July 22, 2011, 10:04:41 AM »
Haha yes.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #175: July 23, 2011, 01:25:03 PM »
Madina sounds very hierarchacal which you may chalk up to "being SMA" but truly we are the top 1% of nobility. We are all the elites of elites and deserve to be treated that way. All this talk of "not speaking below my station" seems a little intense for me...

On the other hand a noble claiming to have a lord title from another continent baffles me. Maybe you are trying to rp him as being proud, bordering on arrogant but, to me at least, he's coming off as a bit of a mad buffoon.

When Hyperion Harte, caerwyn's judge, came to Terran to set up shop i called him lord in my welcome as a sign of respect. But only because my character knew him and his situation personally, and only once.

Hell if you're gonna go around demanding to be called lord from past appointments why not demand it cause your relative on another continent is a lord and as such you deserve your due respect...
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #176: July 23, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »
Because your relative isn't you... In most normal cases.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #177: July 23, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
Madina sounds very hierarchacal which you may chalk up to "being SMA" but truly we are the top 1% of nobility. We are all the elites of elites and deserve to be treated that way. All this talk of "not speaking below my station" seems a little intense for me...

On the other hand a noble claiming to have a lord title from another continent baffles me. Maybe you are trying to rp him as being proud, bordering on arrogant but, to me at least, he's coming off as a bit of a mad buffoon.

When Hyperion Harte, caerwyn's judge, came to Terran to set up shop i called him lord in my welcome as a sign of respect. But only because my character knew him and his situation personally, and only once.

Hell if you're gonna go around demanding to be called lord from past appointments why not demand it cause your relative on another continent is a lord and as such you deserve your due respect...

I really don't understand this "coming off as a mad buffoon" comment that people keep insisting on.

You said he's in the top 1% of nobility, he was accepted as nobility upon the moment he arrived in the realm, he has been trusted to run very important military mission, he has been (according to this thread) selected in the minds of the top nobility of the realm as being next in line to be either a lord or the next Duke, and yet...

when he tells you that he is the lord of a region on an island you are familiar with, he is  "coming off as a mad buffoon" ?

I have an interesting twist on this - I think that based on the logic I have just outlined, anyone who DOESN'T accept that he is a lord is obviously crazy, and I'll start to treat them as such. That would be interesting, and a lot of fun role play :-)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: July 23, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
i think the key is not he IS, but he WAS
firefox

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #179: July 23, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »
no, that's not actually what they have said