Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275098 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #210: August 06, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »
It's a shame the excitement is going to end soon :P

I got bored and had a look through their family gold: very low. Almost all characters there have under 1.2k family gold, there are just 2 characters with over 2k. The lowest family gold being in the families of the initial rebels (Florence, Medicant, etc). So they won't be able to call on that gold for much longer. Their regions are in a pretty bad state from what I know, so not much gold there either. My guess is that the recent attack was an "all or nothing" attempt at pushing us back to Madina city which failed.

From a Madinan perspective, I'm pretty glad they didn't win. Having to march from Madina city up to The Tower would have been a disaster. From a gameplay perspective, it would certainly have added a bit more fun to have to fight them back (likely we'd have taken back the Madina Isle too which could have been fun).

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: August 07, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
Though it's pretty obvious they either pulled a lot of family gold or another realm provided them gold (which, is very likely).

They did use tons of family gold, if their family pages are to be trusted.

Regarding foreign aid... I'm pretty sure they didn't get any. They could have gotten foreign aid if they didn't have a habit of systematically ignoring and alienating potential allies.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: August 07, 2011, 02:48:29 AM »
Regarding foreign aid... I'm pretty sure they didn't get any. They could have gotten foreign aid if they didn't have a habit of systematically ignoring and alienating potential allies.

I think that so far has been one of the biggest boons to Madina - I've been trying pretty hard to repair any damage to our relations with others over the past years and they haven't done much to help themselves from what I've seen.   

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: August 07, 2011, 03:18:51 AM »
I think that so far has been one of the biggest boons to Madina - I've been trying pretty hard to repair any damage to our relations with others over the past years and they haven't done much to help themselves from what I've seen.

Indeed it has been. Aurvandil's diplomatic strategy is.... don't.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: August 14, 2011, 10:05:38 PM »
yeah who orderd the army out of the tower anyway during my absence...

I'm sure Luan said about 15 times to leave a decent force behind lol :p

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #215: August 15, 2011, 03:01:03 AM »
yeah who orderd the army out of the tower anyway during my absence...

I'm sure Luan said about 15 times to leave a decent force behind lol :p

Perhaps if you rotate which people are left to sit in the Tower, they might not get bored and wander off to fight monsters? Just an idea - personally, Jens has dropped his unit and is practicing his prison escapes

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: August 15, 2011, 03:38:43 AM »
I think we had more fun when the army was out :D

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: August 26, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »
So, what does the large influx of Caerwynian knights into both Aurvandil and Madina portend for the civil war?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: August 26, 2011, 07:30:19 PM »
So, what does the large influx of Caerwynian knights into both Aurvandil and Madina portend for the civil war?

well you will see a slow increase of military power and several more rogue regions taken.
After that ya'l can expect a real good show down south!
Best time to join either realm would be now!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: August 26, 2011, 10:28:11 PM »

I'm expecting several large scale sea invasion battles. Honor and prestige for everyone!
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: August 27, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »
I'm expecting several large scale sea invasion battles. Honor and prestige for everyone!

That's what I'm hoping for.   I don't think I've gained much in the years I've been on Dwilight. 

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: August 27, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
I'm expecting several large scale sea invasion battles. Honour and prestige for everyone!
That's what I'm hoping for.   I don't think I've gained much in the years I've been on Dwilight.

Halicos needs to be shown as more honourable than that rat Tarajist, so I need a few more battles too! :P

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: August 27, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »

Halicos needs to be shown as more honourable than that rat Tarajist, so I need a few more battles too! :P

Speaking of. . .you wouldn't believe who Fissoa was asking about :D

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: August 27, 2011, 11:24:03 PM »
Speaking of. . .you wouldn't believe who Fissoa was asking about :D

Well I've only got two guesses. I don't think Halicos annoyed anyone in Fissoa... Wait, no, he may have purchased 500+ bushels from them for about 20 gold per hundred and then sold it back to them at 50 gold per hundred (shhhh, they don't know). So yeah, who wants him dead this time?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: August 27, 2011, 11:26:54 PM »
Well I've only got two guesses. I don't think Halicos annoyed anyone in Fissoa... Wait, no, he may have purchased 500+ bushels from them for about 20 gold per hundred and then sold it back to them at 50 gold per hundred (shhhh, they don't know). So yeah, who wants him dead this time?

I think hes refering to Tarajist, hes now part of Fissoa probably causing some egocentric upheaval there too now.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog