Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 275918 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #255: September 05, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »
The rebels seem to be using family gold, which is uncountable as it will regenerate below a certain amount and can be topped up from other characters.

No.  That was what Thulsoma/Averoth did, but that exploit has been closed.  They may be able to call family gold if other characters are building up their wealth past the point where families object as much to sending funds, but they do not have an unlimited supply and I would imagine it is actually quite limited unless they have a rich Duke or ten propping them up.

All of which is assuming the same group of people are using the same tactics, which I have no information on, myself, but the previous tactic is no longer viable.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: September 05, 2011, 05:27:11 AM »
No.  That was what Thulsoma/Averoth did, but that exploit has been closed.  They may be able to call family gold if other characters are building up their wealth past the point where families object as much to sending funds, but they do not have an unlimited supply and I would imagine it is actually quite limited unless they have a rich Duke or ten propping them up.

All of which is assuming the same group of people are using the same tactics, which I have no information on, myself, but the previous tactic is no longer viable.

They have several very rich families which are now down to ~1000gp.   I've noticed Meadowcrest is down to 2000gp, he use to be very rich - but I don't know if that's related as hes always dropping gold into cities, which explains the spikes in their wealth.

Bluntly put Madina with 2400gp is barely able to rebuild our armies quickly, whereas Aurvandil has bested our military strength two or three times with only 1600gp income.

Either they are getting some serious food offers, or are pulling family gold (and have been for some time I suspect.  100gp a week helps a lot).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: September 05, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »
With regards to food, Madina has a buyer for most of its food and I don't think that income is shown in the statistics. You can presume that all of our surplus is bought for 35 gold (generally food sells at more, but a little is unsold from week to week and rots away).

Last few times I checked, there was no food available for purchase in Madina. And when there was, it was never selling for under 45 gold, usually for 50.

Hmmm, I guess there was a harvest recently. I'm seeing a lot more offers on my list. Time to send some caravans, and hope they don't all return empty as they did last time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: September 05, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
Last few times I checked, there was no food available for purchase in Madina. And when there was, it was never selling for under 45 gold, usually for 50.

Hmmm, I guess there was a harvest recently. I'm seeing a lot more offers on my list. Time to send some caravans, and hope they don't all return empty as they did last time.

Totally not my fault... Maybe...

The other food doesn't go onto the market, we have a trade agreement with Luria Nova so recently all of our food has been gathered and sent off to them. Some went to The Zuma too. Fatmilak is the only region (I think) that refuses to sell it to Luria Nova and prefers to sell it for 50 gold per hundred rather than what Luria Nova are offering.

If you send caravans to Fatmilak, you're probably safe but it's more expensive (quite a few Lords have said too expensive and stopped buying). Send to somewhere else and it's likely to be snapped up by Corin (our trader) before you get there and sold for some profit elsewhere.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: September 05, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
Totally not my fault... Maybe...

The other food doesn't go onto the market, we have a trade agreement with Luria Nova so recently all of our food has been gathered and sent off to them. Some went to The Zuma too. Fatmilak is the only region (I think) that refuses to sell it to Luria Nova and prefers to sell it for 50 gold per hundred rather than what Luria Nova are offering.

If you send caravans to Fatmilak, you're probably safe but it's more expensive (quite a few Lords have said too expensive and stopped buying). Send to somewhere else and it's likely to be snapped up by Corin (our trader) before you get there and sold for some profit elsewhere.

So first Madina gets a trade monopoly from Fissoa and then sells it's own surplus to LN? Lmao :P And you stole our trader! :D

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: September 05, 2011, 04:29:32 PM »
So first Madina gets a trade monopoly from Fissoa and then sells it's own surplus to LN? Lmao :P And you stole our trader! :D

Long live capitalism. :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: September 05, 2011, 07:44:41 PM »
Long live capitalism. :P

I don't think capitalism is SMA :P Mercantilism, at best

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: September 05, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
It costs a lot of gold to wage a war!

We're just doing our best to fund our armies. :P

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: September 05, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
So first Madina gets a trade monopoly from Fissoa and then sells it's own surplus to LN?

Don't be silly, the stuff we buy from you gets lost on the way over here, we've never seen a single bushel. Honest.

And you stole our trader! :D

We stole nothing! He just loves his pockets being weighted down with gold. Actually, I really want to know how much gold he has. He has a tiny unit, is out of the realm for weeks on end with his trading, makes a profit on anything he sells and has Fatmilak's trade income. If he's never sent anything to his family, he'll easily have 2000 gold on him right now.

It costs a lot of gold to wage a war!

Too right. Halicos went crazy (read: me thinking "sod it") when the rebels got into The Tower and spent about 500 gold on a unit. Which got almost completely wiped out in 1 battle. Those silly rebels and their city walls preventing our infantry from getting in and our archers from hitting them - whatever will they think of next!?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: September 05, 2011, 11:08:17 PM »
Corin was a cool guy, until he suddenly left :P No hurt feelings, though. And now we barely produce any surplus anymore :S

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: September 06, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »
Don't be silly, the stuff we buy from you gets lost on the way over here, we've never seen a single bushel. Honest.

Nor any troops, untill now(two units hunting rogues to get rid of there own tmp...).
At first they even threatend to join our enemy.
So much for an ally ;)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: September 06, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »
Nor any troops, untill now(two units hunting rogues to get rid of there own tmp...).
At first they even threatend to join our enemy.
So much for an ally ;)

As if Madina sent anything worth mentioning against PeL, back in the day.

We're working on it, though :) And yes, TMP is a factor. But no, without TMP we'd still send them. TMP even hit us after plans to send them were made

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: September 06, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »

So your saying the current support from Fissoa is not worth mentioning? 8)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: September 06, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »
So your saying the current support from Fissoa is not worth mentioning? 8)

I'm saying it is not yet  8)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: September 06, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »

We're working on it, though :) And yes, TMP is a factor. But no, without TMP we'd still send them. TMP even hit us after plans to send them were made

TMP actually hit us while I was in Madina. I noticed my CS dropping and I was like  :o
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm